UKC

Marine SRC exam from the online course

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Dave B 03 Jun 2015
Has anyone taken the RYA marine SRC course exam having used the online training only?

How was it? A big jump up, or similar level?

Need to pass as quick as possible, so ideally would like to do it fairly soon. How complex were the theory qs and how rough was the practical. Did you have to do a mayday relay, or just mayday, pan pan and routine transmissions?

Cheers
Djb
 Billy the fish 04 Jun 2015
In reply to Dave B:

I’ve not done the online course but did the old classroom course when it was called “the exam that nobody fails.” If you have a basic grasp of the course content then you’ll pass.
OP Dave B 04 Jun 2015
In reply to Billy the fish:

Thanks. Been using sar radio for a few years, but now need the craft license, so I'm fairly up on it, but sample qs on which channel is used for which need s honing a bit more.

MarkJH 05 Jun 2015
In reply to Dave B:

> Thanks. Been using sar radio for a few years, but now need the craft license, so I'm fairly up on it, but sample qs on which channel is used for which need s honing a bit more.

Unless you need it for work/ charter, then I wouldn't worry too much about about racing to get it. Ships radio/ portable licence is sufficient to have a set installed/ carried; will get you an mmsi number, and is the only paperwork likely to get checked. You do not need an operators licence to get this.

You only need the SRC to use the radio in a non-emergency, and even then, if you are sensible about it and have a rough idea of what you are doing then it is unlikely that you would ever have to produce it.
OP Dave B 05 Jun 2015
In reply to MarkJH:

Thanks MarkJH. Just got the license online, a very easy process with a portable with no DSC/MMSI ability. Will get the SRC when I can in the near future.

regards

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...