UKC

different sized feet- its the worst

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 bodovix 04 Jun 2015
hi there, anyone know of any UK sites that let people buy climbing shoes in different sizes, i have a L-size 9.5ish and R-size 8ish so i always have to choose between ether a shoe that is too big and slips off all the time, or having 1 crushed foot. im wanting to avoid buying 2 pairs of shoes just to bin half of them. but at the same time i don't want to constantly be slipping or damage my toes because of 1 wayyy too small a shoe..

or are there any good UK 'climbing shoe swapping sites' where i might hopefuly find someone with the opposite problem to me? (im curently using the size 8 shoe's so i don't slip off but i imagine if i did this for long id mess up my feet)

The Lemming 04 Jun 2015
In reply to bodovix:

My mate's feet fit perfect with Decathlon rock boots. And the best bit is that he mixes and matches before going to the till.

I too have feet of differing shoe sizes but unfortunately, my feet do not suit the Decathlon boots.

I feel your pain.
 Kahti 04 Jun 2015
In reply to bodovix:

I'm almost exactly the same as you. Just under 9.5 on my left, bang on 8 on my right. I wear a pair of size 9 Scarpa reflexes with a volume reducing insole on the right foot. You can pick these up for about a fiver. Makes a perfect "all day" fit for me - toes on both feet just slightly bent and heels sucked right into the cups.
Next time you try on shoes ask the shop to try with a volume reducer and feel the difference!
 Marek 04 Jun 2015
In reply to jon:

Couldn't help noticing: There's a predominance of big-left-feet and very few big-right-feet. Surprising pattern which would undermine any shoe-swapping plan.
 Pina 04 Jun 2015
In reply to Marek:

I've got a slightly larger right foot...
 gethin_allen 04 Jun 2015
In reply to Marek:

> Couldn't help noticing: There's a predominance of big-left-feet and very few big-right-feet. Surprising pattern which would undermine any shoe-swapping plan.

My left is also bigger than my right but fortunately only by about half a size, nowhere near as bad as the OP's situation.
 Marek 04 Jun 2015
In reply to J_Trottet:

> I've got a slightly larger right foot...

That could make you very popular on this thread!
 planetmarshall 04 Jun 2015
In reply to bodovix:

If anyone happens to have a left 6.5 and right 8, V12 have a pair of Evolv Royales going cheap.

http://www.v12outdoor.com/product.php/7294/evolv-royale-odd-pair-left-6-5-r...
 humptydumpty 04 Jun 2015
In reply to Marek:

That would stop shoe-swapping, but if people all agreed to pass on the ones that didn't fit, without a direct replacement, then it would all work out in the end.
 Marek 04 Jun 2015
In reply to humptydumpty:

> That would stop shoe-swapping, but if people all agreed to pass on the ones that didn't fit, without a direct replacement, then it would all work out in the end.

Except for the people at the end of the chain.
mountmarcus 05 Jun 2015
In reply to bodovix:

This could actually be what might be the problem with my feet at the moment.. gonna get fitted with some proper boots soon!
m0unt41n 05 Jun 2015
In reply to Marek:

> Except for the people at the end of the chain.

Yep, then becomes a podiatry scheme....

(grabs hat and hobbles for the door)
 humptydumpty 05 Jun 2015
In reply to Marek:

Granted, if the last two men on earth had odd-sized feet of different sizes to each others' opposite feet, then yes. But otherwise, it can carry on fairly indefinitely. Just need someone to host the Odd Boot Repository.
 Marek 05 Jun 2015
In reply to m0unt41n:

> Yep, then becomes a podiatry scheme....

> (grabs hat and hobbles for the door)

Or you could just hack the shoes rather than the feet. Already done the latter (inadvertently) and am planning to do the former.

bobdelon1900 17 Jun 2015
i have the same problem . i am here to find the answer .

joeldering 17 Jun 2015
In reply to bodovix:

I think Evolv sells shoes of different sizes direct from their website.
Andy Gamisou 17 Jun 2015
In reply to joel182:

Is that just from their US web-site or is there a UK version that allows you to do this?
 joeldering 18 Jun 2015
In reply to Willi Crater:

Thought there was a UK version, but I can't find one, so I guess I was mistaken. The US site doesn't seem to ship to the UK either. Bummer.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...