UKC

Keeping the hatred sharp......

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
>http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-33020987

I'm not convinced that the lovely Justin Tomlinson will have judged the nation's mood entirely correctly when he says that the suggestion that these people's human rights have been infringed was 'absurd'.

Still, we voted for him, so he must be OK, I suppose.

jcm
 ericinbristol 05 Jun 2015
In reply to johncoxmysteriously:

To see Tomlinson's revolting record, check out:

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/05/13/justin-tomlinson-disabled-child-...

"The new Conservative disabilities minister voted against protecting the benefits of disabled children and those undergoing cancer treatment. But he did vote for the bedroom tax."

Kemics 05 Jun 2015
In reply to ericinbristol:

Disabled children and those undergoing cancer treatment have had a free ride too long! The BASTARDS!
 Greasy Prusiks 05 Jun 2015

At the risk of starting a ahem debate, and I don't say this lightly the vast majority of Torry ministers are utter scum.
 Yanis Nayu 05 Jun 2015

> I'm not convinced that the lovely Justin Tomlinson will have judged the nation's mood entirely correctly when he says that the suggestion that these people's human rights have been infringed was 'absurd'.

> Still, we voted for him, so he must be OK, I suppose.

> jcm

What a shit. Minister for F*cking-over Disabled People more like.

I'm surprised the bastards haven't devised a Catch 22 scheme whereby you need to complete a complex online form then travel to the furthest corner of the UK to be assessed, for it to be decided that if you can complete this process you are clearly fit to work.
 Postmanpat 05 Jun 2015
In reply to ACollins:
> At the risk of starting a ahem debate, and I don't say this lightly the vast majority of Torry ministers are utter scum.

Bingo! We have a winner.

PS> Better check your spelling or that nasty Mr.Gove will be coming to get you.

Eat yer heart out JCM…..
Post edited at 17:27
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

Well, they have, of course, essentially. That was why C (or was it W?) was having trouble. She couldn't travel on public transport and didn't have the money for a taxi, but she was required to travel to somewhere 40 miles away for an assessment.

jcm
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

> What a shit. Minister for F*cking-over Disabled People more like.

I think that was spelled out quite clearly in their manifesto...
 felt 05 Jun 2015
In reply to Postmanpat:

It's Mr Gove to you.
 Yanis Nayu 05 Jun 2015

The way Tomlinson tried to spin that is precisely why people hate politicians.

When they were talking about Charles Kennedy the other day, someone, I forget who, said "In an age of cynicism with politics...". I thought no, that's not the right way to word it. We live in an age of politicians worthy of our cynicism (and I'm not including Charles Kennedy in that).

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...