UKC

£150 to spend on mens walking boots

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Daysleeper 06 Jun 2015
Much as the title says really, I've got about £150 to spend on new boots as my 10 year old Raichles are really at end of life. Need to be light enough to carry through an airport, happy to live in a kit bag for 90% of the time and able to wander up UK hills and mountains with the occasional trip higher in the Alps. Oh and a penetration proof sole would be great. What do people think?
 alasdair19 06 Jun 2015
In reply to Daysleeper:

go to outside in Hathersage. 150 won't get you b2 boots these days I'm afraid.
 LucaC 06 Jun 2015
In reply to Daysleeper:

You can get Sportiva Trango S Evos for just over £150 online if you know your size. Not really warm enough for full on winter in the UK or the highest mountains in Europe (in my cold footed opinion) but will do everything you've asked pretty well.
 goose299 06 Jun 2015
In reply to Daysleeper:

Scarpa Mantas? 149 at go outdoors
 Trangia 06 Jun 2015
In reply to Daysleeper:

Meindl Bhutan £199 at Cotswold Outdoors, less 10% BMC discount = £179. A tad over your budget, but they are great boots.
 Mark Haward 06 Jun 2015
In reply to Daysleeper:

Are you looking for a walking boot or a scrambling boot for use in the UK. For the alps, are you talking walking or including glacier travel / easy routes?
OP Daysleeper 06 Jun 2015
In reply to Mark Haward:

Primary a walking boot both in the UK and Alps. Mainly not glacier or UK winter, but flexibility in use is fairly important for the once in a blue moon. There is a work commitment to go to some slightly unusual places at little notice so having a boot that would cope with the, very odd day, well above the snowline would be somewhat helpful!
 marsbar 06 Jun 2015
In reply to Daysleeper:

Rachile are now badged as Mammut if that helps. Go outdoors seem to have some in your price range.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...