UKC

Neutral footbeds?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 kathrync 08 Jun 2015
I have been running, hiking and skiing using Superfeet for about 10 years now - some slight niggles, particularly skiing, but never anything to make me think they were wrong for me.

A couple of weeks ago, I bought new running shoes and had them fitted properly at a good local running shop. It was suggested to me that I have high arches and barely pronate at all, and that Superfeet were over-corrective for me. I decided to try this out and have run about 100 miles in my new shoes over the last 3 weeks using the insoles they came with - to my surprise the slight niggles I had have mostly cleared up and I have to admit the guy in the shop was probably right.

However, that leaves me with 2 pairs of hiking boots, ski boots, trail running shoes, plus several pairs of day-to-day shoes that I have been using Superfeet in where the original insoles were thrown away long ago. I am looking for something neutral to try instead, but everything I have found seems to be quite supportive.

Any suggestions anyone?
 hamsforlegs 08 Jun 2015
In reply to kathrync:

Off the top of my head, both Inov8 and la Sportiva sell basic flat footbeds (various thicknesses) for use in their shoes and boots. Good running/hiking stores will do you, or perhaps call their distributors and/or boot repair people?

For skiing, I'm pretty sure you don't actually need an insole at all; you can just use the boots. If you want a bit of extra warmth, then I feel sure I've seen insulating flat beds from eg. Sidas in some places?
OP kathrync 08 Jun 2015
In reply to hamsforlegs:

Thanks, I'll have a look - that sounds like what I want.

I am about 85% sure I removed footbeds from my ski boot liners - and regardless of that, if I stop using Superfeet in them I will need something else to fill the volume...
 hamsforlegs 08 Jun 2015
In reply to kathrync:

Yes, possible that I'm giving you duff info on the ski boot thing. Have definitely seen flat footbeds for sale in ski shops though!
OP kathrync 08 Jun 2015
In reply to kathrync:

Found a good selection of possibilities at Needlesports - thanks.

No big rush on ski boots at the moment anyway - I'll get something for running/hiking and if that doesn't work for my ski boots as well I will go and see a fitter in the autumn...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...