UKC

Noob looking for European bouldering destination

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
pathemus 08 Jun 2015
I'm finishing my undergrad dissertation and a work project in a few weeks. I wanna go somewhere and boulder for a few days to celebrate. I've been climbing for about a year so wondering where the best place is to go?
 RyanOsborne 08 Jun 2015
In reply to pathemus:

Fontainbleau would be the stand out place. Never been, but looks amazing. Magic Wood in Switzerland is another big name. If it's only a few days though, and you're driving then it might be better to go to the Peak District?
 Durbs 08 Jun 2015
In reply to pathemus:

Font.
 staceyjg 08 Jun 2015
In reply to pathemus:

Font, without a doubt!
 Turbo tommy 08 Jun 2015
In reply to pathemus:

Font is just ridiculously good fun for any grade. I would go even if you do just have a few days.
 obi-wan nick b 09 Jun 2015
In reply to pathemus: Font is great for a few days - we go for a long weekend every year - highly recommended

BoulderBus 10 Jun 2015
In reply to pathemus:

Font for sure...much more well established across the grades, a lot of other places across europe have much more development in the higher grade ranges and miss out climbs for everyone else.
 climberchristy 10 Jun 2015
In reply to pathemus:

Font. 100%Font! It's just such a beautiful place and the range / quality of climbing is awesome. Enjoy!
Removed User 10 Jun 2015
In reply to pathemus:

Targasonne in the Pyrenees in the eastern Pyrenees is awesome and there is a camp site in the middle as well. It's at 1500m and there is also a great range of sport routes in the area as well.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...