UKC

Beach climbing next week

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 cha1n 11 Jun 2015

Last minute holiday slot has popped up for next week, where can I climb in the shade on/near a beach in Europe? Thanks!

Oh and nice places to eat nearby, good views, nice beach are more important than the climbing. Don't mind if there aren't masses of routes there, but something to lap for training and the like would be good.
Post edited at 10:05
OP cha1n 11 Jun 2015
In reply to cha1n:

Ok I appreciate that this has been asked lots of the years, so I've done a bit of googling and come up with this shortlist:

Ailefroide
Ariege
Sardinia
Asturias - Maybe a bit cold atm
Mallorca
Jersey
Ibiza?
Greece near iraklitsa?
Lisbon and Algarve area in Portugal
Corsica
Calanques and Ardeche
The Algarve
Croatia - split area
Costa Blanca

Cheaper is better and I'm guessing places like Sardinia, Corsica, Croatia and Greece will be expensive on flights. I've been to Ailefroide, Mallorca and Costa Blanca before, so would prefer to go somewhere new.

I quite like the idea of Portugal, Calanques somewhere like that. Croatia looks quite nice but worried about flight costs.

What ya reckon?
 Simon Alden 11 Jun 2015
In reply to cha1n:

Malta and Gozo of course
 AJM 11 Jun 2015
In reply to cha1n:

Several of those are only loosely near a beach.

Gorges du loup, if it's dried out. Lots of shade but several crags seep. Ask Barrows about conditions, I know he has some of the locals on FB.

Chateauvert can't be too far from a beach and the grand face goes into shade about 2.

Arco? By a lake at least. Not that I've been mind you. Ditto I know finale is near the sea but might be fecking hot by now, I don't know what it's like for shade.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...