UKC

Rope Race - Marple

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Sam Edwards 11 Jun 2015
Hi all

I am possibly moving up to Marple over the summer and have just noticed that there is a wall called Rope Race there.
Not a lot of information online and looks mainly roped as opposed to bouldering.

Anyone go there? Know what it's like etc.

Cheers

Sam
 planetmarshall 11 Jun 2015
In reply to Sam Edwards:

Rope Race is a great venue, run by a chap called Alan Ellinson who also co-organizes the British Dry Tooling Series with Andy Turner. It has both lead climbing and a pretty decent bouldering room.
 Andy Hardy 11 Jun 2015
In reply to Sam Edwards:

It has a reasonable sized bouldering wall, and is probably better for bouldering than roped routes imo.
Clauso 11 Jun 2015
In reply to Sam Edwards:

It's excellent. It has extensive bouldering, and routes too... The only downside is that I have never seen a race between ropes there; so, don't believe the hype.
OP Sam Edwards 11 Jun 2015
Cheers for the replays guys.

Sounds like just up my street.
Anyone know what the cost is? Membership? Etc
Any good nights there or nights to avoid?

Cheers
 Stig 11 Jun 2015
In reply to Sam Edwards: haha! There's no times to avoid as its really quiet these days. 10 yrs ago Marple would be heaving most week nights as it was the only larger wall in Greater Manchester, we used to drive out to Warrington as well. Nowadays it's still pretty good and quite extensive. They use old style holds which I find quite tweaky. Lovely friendly people who run it as mentioned. Lunchtime bouldering deal is good value. Other times I think it is q expensive.

Awesome walls is only 20 mins drive away and is quite frankly in a different league.

More importantly Marple is half an hour from the Roaches cheedale or Raven Tor, 5 mins to new mills, 20mins to Windgather or castle naze etc etc. so no real need to worry about walls

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...