UKC

Lakes 24hr record

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Bob 13 Jun 2015
Close on the heels of Jez Bragg's record Ramsay Round comes Adam Perry's second attempt at the Lakes 24hr record. He began at 0500 and is currently on schedule and about to reach Threlkeld. Again there's a tracker to monitor progress - http://maps.opentracking.co.uk/inov8lakes15.cfm though apparently it's being carried by one of the pacers so might appear to miss a summit.

Some more info on Adam's blog http://team.inov-8.com/adam-perry-ultra-running-record-challenge/

In order to break the existing 24 Hour Fell Record, a contender must either traverse the same peaks as the current Record holder in a faster time, or traverse the same peaks plus at least 1 additional peak. For these purposes, a peak must be over 2000 feet high, be at least 0.25 of a mile away from the nearest other peak on the round and involve at least 250 feet of descent/re-ascent from the nearest other peak. The round must be completed within 24 hours. It must also start and finish in the same place, which does not have to be the Moot Hall. (Note that Steel Fell and Calf Crag which are part of both the Bob Graham Round and the list of 24hr summits are below 2000ft in altitude but were already part of the summits visited before the above rules were formalised)
Moley 13 Jun 2015
In reply to Bob:

He's down a few minutes on ETA, nothing drastic but see what happens over the next few hours.
 lowersharpnose 13 Jun 2015
In reply to Bob:

Thanks for that. Quite compelling.
 lowersharpnose 13 Jun 2015
In reply to Bob:

Half way. Do you know his expected schedule in any more detail than that provided on the progress map?
OP Bob 13 Jun 2015
In reply to lowersharpnose:

I've not seen one but have to say that I haven't searched particularly hard.
 lowersharpnose 14 Jun 2015
In reply to Bob:

After Wasdale the person with the tracker device went home. I don't know if that means the attempt ended.
 The Potato 14 Jun 2015
In reply to lowersharpnose:

Yup, failed, don't know why yet
 Harry Ellis 14 Jun 2015
In reply to Bob:
Yeah just heard from my mate who was with him, bailed at yewbarrow.
Mist, heat and just didnt have the legs today apparently
Post edited at 00:50
 lowersharpnose 14 Jun 2015
In reply to thegoatstroker:

I am impressed anyway, in the early afternoon I was thinking he was going well, had done soo much, but still not half way. It is a very big challenge.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...