UKC

Regassing my air con

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 kipper12 13 Jun 2015
Hi my car is 8 years old now, and this summer the aircon is less impressive than it used to be. There are a number of adds from people offering to revitalise ones aircon system. Does it work, and any recommendations (I'm in the north west).

Cheers
 The Potato 13 Jun 2015
In reply to kipper12:

Ads not adds
Yes regassing is good and restores it to normal provided all the mechanicals work fine. You've done well to get 8 years mine lasted 3.
You can also get a kit to do it from places like Halfords.
Id take it to a local garage should be an easy job
 DaveN 13 Jun 2015
In reply to kipper12:
Provided there isn't a huge leak that has recently formed then regarding should help. Some of the descriptions of what can happen with the diy kits going wrong are quite bad!
Removed User 13 Jun 2015
In reply to kipper12:

Take it to a professional, they should use the correct lubricants with the gas and leak test the system at the same time.
Zoro 13 Jun 2015
In reply to kipper12:
Keep alook out online, Halfords are usually doing a deal about now, its a simple job but can take about an hour to gas up, and then check for leaks. Ive had a couple of my cars done worked a treat.
 Sharp 14 Jun 2015
In reply to kipper12:

A mechanic I used to live with was happy to rebuild his engine but used to take his car to the garage to get his air con done, so that's where I'll be heading for mine.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...