UKC

Giving a girl flowers on a second date?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Pj84 13 Jun 2015
As above should I, shouldn't I.... Support your for/against arguments with a reason lol
 Tyler 13 Jun 2015
In reply to Pj84:

Don't
OP Pj84 13 Jun 2015
In reply to Tyler:

Why? Lol
 abr1966 13 Jun 2015
In reply to Pj84:

No! Too sad.....ok if you are aged 60+
jonesgirl 13 Jun 2015
In reply to Pj84:

flowers are for guilt. if you done something bad then you give flowers.

Dave the Rave 13 Jun 2015
In reply to Pj84:
Mmm.
You need to weigh up the situation, and the lass.
Is she a high maintenance type, that is going to be pleased with them? If so then yes .( I wouldn't recommend high maintenance types unless it's for quick mutual sexual satisfaction. Don't make her high maintenance by giving flowers early).
Is she rough and ready, into the outdoors and real men. ( probably a keeper).
I wouldn't give flowers to this sort of woman.
 SenzuBean 13 Jun 2015
In reply to Pj84:
Never!

Do you know what flowers on the second date symbolizes? Well a flower is actually a hermaphroditic sex organ for the plant - you're giving dead plant sex organs to your date - what is that supposed to mean? Give a potato. A potato can be cooked and eaten, it can be grown, it can even be used to unscrew a broken lightbulb - it symbolizes "I think we could nourish each other", or "I think our love could grow" or "I think we could solve problems together" - but flowers symbolize "I think we're going to look pretty for a few days then get chucked in the compost heap". Do the right thing - give her a potato.
Post edited at 20:20
 FactorXXX 13 Jun 2015
In reply to SenzuBean:

Do the right thing - give her a potato.

For the sort of date I'm after, a packet of Smash might be more appropriate...

The Lemming 13 Jun 2015
In reply to jonesgirl:

> flowers are for guilt. if you done something bad then you give flowers.

Maybe for you. However I like to give Little Miss Lemming a nice bunch of flowers every now and then.

I get her better guilt presents when I do stupid stuff.

As for the OP

You nuts?

Only give flowers if they form part of the foreplay.
 Tom Last 13 Jun 2015
In reply to jonesgirl:

Drachenfutter!
 Wsdconst 13 Jun 2015
In reply to Pj84:

Give her one flower,it's shows you've been thinking about her,but you're not trying to impress her with the big flashy bouquet.plus carrying a bunch of flowers around all evening is a pain in the arse.
In reply to Pj84:
In the interests of gender equality - only if she's giving you flowers.....
Post edited at 20:59
 Wainers44 13 Jun 2015
In reply to Pj84:

Is she worth it ??
 LeeWood 13 Jun 2015
In reply to SenzuBean:

On the other hand, potatoes have eyes all over and symbolise that you're watchful and controlling.

A much more obvious choice would be a large marrow which will be full of seeds and ahem, large. But take care not to over-represent yourself
 Dauphin 13 Jun 2015
In reply to Pj84:

Don't because you need to ask the question. It's that simple. You don't have the gravitas, game, chuzpah, whatever to pull it off. Fwiw don't buy em nothing if you want to get into her kecks.

D
 The Potato 13 Jun 2015
In reply to Pj84:

Get her some monks hood or foxgloves, depends on the message you're trying to send.
Or, no.
 The Potato 13 Jun 2015
In reply to Dauphin:
> Fwiw don't buy em nothing if you want to get into her kecks.

Don't buy em nothing, that would mean buy em something?
Post edited at 23:37
 Dave the Rave 13 Jun 2015
In reply to Dauphin:

> Don't because you need to ask the question. It's that simple. You don't have the gravitas, game, chuzpah, whatever to pull it off.
Did you pull off that climb in your profile, me old china?
You look too fat for it
 sbc_10 13 Jun 2015
In reply to Pj84:

> Giving a girl flowers on a second date?

http://www.appellationbeer.com/images/20110509-flowers.jpg

....and if she drinks from a knobbly tankard......even better!

Removed User 13 Jun 2015
In reply to Pj84:

Mainly what Dauphin said. However, if you do decide to buy flowers you need to make sure she's going to like them. Cut flowers aren't to every girls taste.
Good luck, whatever you decide.
 Steve John B 13 Jun 2015
In reply to Pj84:

> As above should I, shouldn't I.... Support your for/against arguments with a reason lol

If it follows sex on the first date I don't see what harm it can do.
 Camm 13 Jun 2015
In reply to Pj84:
I got the Mrs flower on our third date, they made her cry!
 Dauphin 14 Jun 2015
In reply to Dave the Rave:

Pulled off plenty of shit limestone on my way up. I'm even fatter now, dya like big lads?

D
 FactorXXX 14 Jun 2015
In reply to Camm:

I got the Mrs flower on our third date, they made her cry!

Setting off her hay fever is nothing to brag about!
In reply to Pj84:
I once gave a date flowers before we'd even spoken. We've been married for 12 years now. If you like her and want to show it, why the hell not. In my limited experience, most girls, outdoors or otherwise, like flowers.
Post edited at 06:38
 Trangia 14 Jun 2015
In reply to SenzuBean:

> Do the right thing - give her a potato.

Peeled or unpeeled?
Post edited at 07:10
 Sharp 14 Jun 2015
In reply to Trangia:

> Peeled or unpeeled?

Peeled, chipped and deep fried - tis the only way to a lasses heart North of the border and everyone knows that.

On a serious note, nothing says I have no imagination and didn't learn enough about you to get you a meaningful/funny/individual gift more than a bunch of flowers does. Of course if she did nothing but talk about her passion for flowers and her budding career as a florist then flowers will do just fine, probably not from the petrol station though.
 CurlyStevo 14 Jun 2015
In reply to Pj84:

At the end of the day you've got as far as second date. From here there isn't really a formula to follow, it's just about enjoying your time together and compatibility which are both two way things. If you want to buy her flowers, do it and stand by your decision, if you are only doing it because you think you should - don't.
 BAdhoc 14 Jun 2015
In reply to Pj84:

Yes, especially if she hasn't had them much in the past it makes her feel special

Also I've learnt not to doubt when you want to do something nice for someone, what's the worst that can happen, you're being nice for goodness sakes just do it!
 Dave the Rave 14 Jun 2015
In reply to Dauphin:

> Pulled off plenty of shit limestone on my way up. I'm even fatter now, dya like big lads?

> D

Hahaha
 LeeWood 14 Jun 2015
In reply to BAdhoc:

It really isn't that simple. Do it premature and she'll see him as an easy catch.

You have to judge the water b4 taking the plunge.
 DWS gibraltar 14 Jun 2015
In reply to Pj84:

If you think giving flowers will get you the smash go for it!
 hokkyokusei 14 Jun 2015
In reply to Pj84:

I'd never give flowers on a date, I mean, where do you put them? If you want to send flowers, send them to where she works. It's not enough for a girl to get flowers, she has to be seen to get them. Cue much cooing and 'tell us all about it'. Halifax job centre ground to a halt when I sent my gf half a dozen red roses.
 RockAngel 14 Jun 2015
In reply to Pj84: have at the language of flowers. Give a flower(s) that comprise a message that you want to say to her & tell her to decode it to get to the next date?
 Philip 14 Jun 2015
In reply to hokkyokusei:

I did, I was 21 (not 60+). Together 14 years, married 6, one lovely son.

So I guess buying flowers is okay, especially if she's worth it.

I still buy my wife flowers every 3-4 weeks, from the same florist for the past 9 years.
 David Alcock 14 Jun 2015
In reply to Pj84:

Write her a nice pome.
 freerangecat 14 Jun 2015
In reply to Pj84:

Is there anything you picked up on about her from her first date that might suggest something she would like more than flowers? A particular tea/coffee/chocolate, anything that shows you've picked up an idea of her as a person?
 Brass Nipples 14 Jun 2015
In reply to Pj84:

Is she a florist?

Bulls Crack 14 Jun 2015
In reply to Dave the Rave:

Tell me you're trolling!
 Bulls Crack 14 Jun 2015
In reply to Pj84:

If you want to why not?
 skog 14 Jun 2015
In reply to David Alcock:

Hawthorn and Rowan are cheerfully red;
Quinces are yellow, and tasty in bread.
I ne'er tire of apples, both tangy and sweet,
Though I fear you meant 'poem' -
They're not so good to eat.
 ByEek 15 Jun 2015
In reply to Bulls Crack:

> If you want to why not?

No reason. But if you don't want to come across as a desperado that is trying too hard I agree with most who say don't bother. If things work out for the best, you will have the rest of your life to give her flowers. Slowly slowly catchy monkey and the best things come to those who wait... including flowers!
 Alyson 15 Jun 2015
In reply to Pj84:

I'm a bit late to the party on this but I reckon if you feel like giving her flowers, then give her flowers. My proviso would be that you don't buy a huge bouquet which is then a bit of a bind to deal with, but bring a small bunch of really good flowers. Something which can be held in the hand.

Nothing says garage forecourt like a wodge of chrysanthemums in cellophane.
 Wsdconst 15 Jun 2015
In reply to Pj84:

Give her a bag of flour ?maybe she'll bake you a cake or if she's a fatty you can use it as a location device if things get saucy later on
 Bulls Crack 15 Jun 2015
In reply to ByEek:

Rather depends how the first date went?
 Dave the Rave 15 Jun 2015
In reply to Bulls Crack:

> Tell me you're trolling!

How?
 Stone Idle 15 Jun 2015
In reply to Pj84:

Ignore the downers, they are jealous. I know a lady welder who still goes gooey-eyed over a rose or a bunch or carnations. Like the man said - a single flower days you are thinking but don't want to over do it. Not a daisy mind!
aultguish 16 Jun 2015
In reply to Pj84:

.....and remember, if you buy flowers and you bugger up the proceedings at some point, she now has a big bunch of daffs to bop you over the head with!!
 FactorXXX 16 Jun 2015
In reply to aultguish:

she now has a big bunch of daffs to bop you over the head with!!

Better a bunch of daffs, than a sack of spuds!
 ByEek 16 Jun 2015
In reply to Bulls Crack:

> Rather depends how the first date went?

Perhaps. But you are kind of playing all your cards right at the beginning of the game - and dating is a game. If she is unsure, there is no way of winning with a bold move like flowers on the second date. It has the air of desperation and trying too hard. The early part of dating is about you as individuals, not monetary gestures... unless of course your are an ageing millionaire and she is an 18 year old bombshell gold digger.
aultguish 16 Jun 2015
In reply to Pj84:

Just remember, no amount of flowers are going to cut it, unless you can make her laugh and smile.

Be confident, be funny, be happy and be a gentleman too. Give her flowers when the time feels right, you'll know
 girlymonkey 16 Jun 2015
In reply to Pj84:

I'd say it depends if she likes flowers! I don't like flowers that you buy in a shop, but love wild flowers in their natural environment. Wandering through a bluebell wood is great, but my husband has (quite rightly) never bought me flowers, I didn't even have a bouquet for my wedding. Each to their own, and you just need to do what she would like rather than following social conventions.
 BAdhoc 16 Jun 2015
In reply to LeeWood:

Very sceptical view. 'easy catch', some women dont look at me to that way. And I'm sure if she is one that does there'll be other warning signs.

Personally I got flowers on a second date and felt it was a very thoughtful gesture. almost as if it set the tone for a relationship where there are nice gestures for no other reason but that we want to be nice.
 LeeWood 18 Jun 2015
In reply to BAdhoc:

Fact is, that if there's a match to be made it will probably be down to chemistry. But dig deep and you can tip the balance with awareness of a person's Real Needs. Not better or worse, just different - that scattering about the average ...
 Yanis Nayu 18 Jun 2015
In reply to Alyson:

> I'm a bit late to the party on this but I reckon if you feel like giving her flowers, then give her flowers. My proviso would be that you don't buy a huge bouquet which is then a bit of a bind to deal with, but bring a small bunch of really good flowers. Something which can be held in the hand.

> Nothing says garage forecourt like a wodge of chrysanthemums in cellophane.

Anti-freeze and charcoal briquettes?
 Babika 18 Jun 2015
In reply to Pj84:

I reckon give the flowers.
It says "I'm interested" "I've thought about you" and "I'm not a mean git because I'm prepared to spend money on something ephemeral"
But as others have said, a small pretty bunch/couple of stems from the florist (fresias etc) better than a garage forecourt job

I occasionally get flowers on a date and always think "Wow - how nice!"
Good luck!
aultguish 18 Jun 2015
In reply to Babika:

Nice reply.
For a second there tho, I read that as you were wishing your date good luck )
 mishabruml 18 Jun 2015
In reply to SenzuBean:

I agree, get her a potato. If you get a third date, you know she's a keeper.
 FactorXXX 18 Jun 2015
In reply to mishabruml:

I agree, get her a potato. If you get a third date, you know she's a keeper.

Make sure it's a large potato and on the third date, she can make some chips!
 birdie num num 18 Jun 2015
In reply to Pj84:

You need to weigh up what she likes. I got Mrs Num Num a welding mask on our second date…. Next thing I know, Im releasing her beer gut from her corset, and peeling her Y fronts off.
 Bulls Crack 18 Jun 2015
In reply to ByEek:

> Perhaps. But you are kind of playing all your cards right at the beginning of the game - and dating is a game. If she is unsure, there is no way of winning with a bold move like flowers on the second date. It has the air of desperation and trying too hard.

One could always give them to the chaperone?
In reply to Pj84:

Forget all this nonsense, gis a bunch of flora and I'll bone you till you can't stand up
 lithos 18 Jun 2015
In reply to Pj84:

well, did you or didn't you and how did it go?
OP Pj84 20 Jun 2015
In reply to lithos:

I did and it went well haha.. About ten dates in now 😀
 CurlyStevo 21 Jun 2015
In reply to Pj84:

Nice one
 lithos 21 Jun 2015
In reply to Pj84:

whoop

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...