UKC

Deep Water Soloing Chalk bags?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 dbrooks 14 Jun 2015
Hi, does anyone know where you can buy chalk bags specifically designed for DWS?

I've seen some very quick drying ones that are very light / basic and seem to be made out of tent material (or similar) so they dry really quickly after getting wet....

I've had a look online but can't seem to find anything, can anyone point me in the right direction?

thanks in advance
 GridNorth 14 Jun 2015
In reply to dbrooks:

It's a shame the same can't be said for the chalk. I call Troll
 DWS gibraltar 14 Jun 2015
In reply to dbrooks:
Hi ,we just cut a mineral water bottle up burn the holes for the cord the add chalk. Job done

Post edited at 17:11
 Wee Davie 14 Jun 2015
In reply to dbrooks:

I've made some out of duct tape that worked pretty well. Another option is to just cut the lining out of old chalk bags you might have lying about.
 Wee Davie 14 Jun 2015
In reply to dbrooks:

Thing is- anything fabric based won't dry out unless your session lasts hours.
Synthetic chamois things like Shamwows are a real boon for drying stuff out. When I was doing a lot of DWS I found that duct tape chalk bags worked well (you can wipe them dry with a Shamwow after a splash down). If you're having to swim to the base of some routes Liquid Chalk is good- stick a bottle of it in a dry bag and if you've got a Shamwow you can keep falling in all day without any bother.
 winhill 14 Jun 2015
In reply to dbrooks:

I found a 4 pint milk bottle a good size. You can cut a tab out to attach it so it hangs a bit lower, rather than just cutting it square across the bottom. Gets filled with water though, so I did think about a drainage system of some sort.

But you can take a few so no need to dry them out.
 andrewmc 14 Jun 2015
In reply to dbrooks:

Alpkit used to make them (not actually seen them in real life though) but it seems they are 'archived' now.

https://www.alpkit.com/products/dws-chalk-bags
 Cheese Monkey 14 Jun 2015
In reply to dbrooks:

Bottom of a 4 pint milk bottle does the job perfectly. No need for anything expensive.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...