UKC

VIDEO: Ben Moon climbing Rainshadow 9a

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 15 Jun 2015
Ben Moon on Rainshadow 9a, 5 kbAs previously reported and interviewed on UKC, Ben Moon recently made an inspirational ascent of Rainshadow (9a) at Malham Cove in Yorkshire.

Here is a brilliant video of Ben's ascent from Ben Pritchard.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=69788

Blake 15 Jun 2015
In reply to UKC News:

Great video... felt a little emotional at the end

What a rare moment, to see a hero come back in later life and climb harder than he ever did before... you have to wonder just what he'd have been capable of in that quarter of a century if he'd kept pushing it.
 Morgan Woods 15 Jun 2015
In reply to UKC News:

Superb!
 Bulls Crack 15 Jun 2015
In reply to UKC News:

Amazing. I am inspired

A bit of sewing machine leg just near the lower off?
 dale1968 15 Jun 2015
In reply to UKC News: Wow

Gman 15 Jun 2015
In reply to UKC News:

What a fantastic film. I agree with Blake - felt a bit emotional meself at the end. Massively inspirational.
 jon 15 Jun 2015
In reply to UKC News:

Yes brilliant. Just one little hint that Ben has is is not long off joining the ranks of us older... umm, more mature climbers, was the 'I fell asleep for an hour. I've never fallen asleep at a crag before...' comment. Aha, cardigan, slippers and cocoa next... or in reality, probably not. Well done to the other Ben for the vid - make sure you're at Kilnsey when the next one goes down.
 Jack Geldard 15 Jun 2015
In reply to UKC News:

Just bloody brilliant. Great film from Ben P, and great climbing from Ben M. Totally psyched by this!!

J
 miketinnion 15 Jun 2015
In reply to UKC News:

Brilliant achievement & great video.
bud the dog 15 Jun 2015
great effort. I thing a look forward to most when watching ben climb is his celebrations at the end. Brilliant
 John2 15 Jun 2015
In reply to jon:

Surely it's only displaying cultural sensitivity to take a siesta when climbing in Spain?
 jon 15 Jun 2015
In reply to John2:

In Spain?
 TimB 15 Jun 2015
In reply to jon:

Yes, Malham had to be sold off to fund the Yorkshire Tour de France depart.

It's now located next to a cement factory just outside Burgos
 Mutl3y 15 Jun 2015
In reply to UKC News:

I am totally gobsmacked by this achievement. This guy is a legend of the highest order and is an inspiration to us all.

His training notes, reported in his biography and elsewhere, record that he "celebrated" the FA of Hubble by, er, doing more training. What dedication!

When he got into climbing again (last year!?) he could climb font 7b-odd off the couch which is totally bragable.

Not settling for that though, he goes and puts in a ton of solid effort to get this done. What a blinding bit of work.

Really made me think "what would ben do?" should be my training mantra for the next three months....
 jon 15 Jun 2015
In reply to TimB:

> Yes, Malham had to be sold off to fund the Yorkshire Tour de France depart.

> It's now located next to a cement factory just outside Burgos

Oh that's a real shame. It'll be far too hot in the summer.
Removed User 15 Jun 2015
In reply to UKC News:

Awesome!
 stp 16 Jun 2015
In reply to jon:

> It'll be far too hot in the summer.

It's already too hot in the summer, apart from when its raining.
 jon 16 Jun 2015
In reply to stp:

> It's already too hot in the summer, apart from when its raining.

So not too hot then!
 ChrisJD 18 Jun 2015
In reply to UKC News:

Wow.

As a 49er about to go over the five-O, that was quite emotional
 ericinbristol 18 Jun 2015
In reply to UKC News:

Magnificent!

And thank goodness for the lack of people screaming 'Venga!' 'Allez!' 'Send it dude!' every three seconds over heavy rock music...
In reply to UKC News:

Ben Moon is an absolute inspiration. I just can't quite comprehend how he did this. For anyone who hasn't read his blogs with diary entries surrounding the FA of Hubble... i'd do it. It's great! http://www.moonclimbing.com/blog/2015/06/ben-moons-climbing-diary-from-1990...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...