UKC

Inflatable beds

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Does anyone have a recommendation or link for decent inflatable beds for the family camping. I need a double and two singles and preferably ones which will last for more than one season, unlike Eurohike ones.
 Queenie 15 Jun 2015
In reply to TheDrunkenBakers:

If you want the cheap end, I recommend Halfords at £8 for a single flocked one and £13 for a double. Our two have just survived Download and done a good job...hopefully they'll be ok for next year too.
 wilkie14c 15 Jun 2015

I've always used the heavy, vulcanised cotton double mattress and we've been more than happy with it. It must be ten years old now and only had one puncture, repaired that with rubber solution and bit of inner tube then covered the patch with gaffer. Been fine since then. I don't even have sleeping bags when car camping, we just take the bedding off the bed at home.
You'll get what you pay for though and the cheap pvc type beds tend to go soft quickly and puncture easily
 ByEek 15 Jun 2015
In reply to Queenie:

> If you want the cheap end, I recommend Halfords at £8 for a single flocked one and £13 for a double. Our two have just survived Download and done a good job...hopefully they'll be ok for next year too.

Yeah - we bought similar. The single has a slow leak and the double offered no support at the edges... and then developed a slow leak.

We have reverted to the airbed my parents bought in the 70s. Very comfortable and still going strong.
 BoulderBus 15 Jun 2015

I got arm twisted I to buying thermarest neo air dreams....They are very comfortable and cosy, they come as singles, but can be poppered together. The inner also come out to use as a lighter mat for hiking...not cheap mind.
In reply to BoulderBus:

> I got arm twisted I to buying thermarest neo air dreams....They are very comfortable and cosy, they come as singles, but can be poppered together. The inner also come out to use as a lighter mat for hiking...not cheap mind.

Holy sh8t. No kidding. I dont want cheap but that's going to set me back £600 and ive only just splashed out on a bloody bell tent that my wife insisted we get. Gonna be nice with the stove going though - <snuggly>
 mariechen 15 Jun 2015

We got an Outwell Dreamboat Double to accommodate two adults and a toddler - very happy...

We brought ours at tesco, for a week long scout camp a couple of years ago, and have used it quite a bit since, it does need topping up depending on the weather but does good.
 Mark Kemball 15 Jun 2015

Never got on with airbeds / inflatable mattresses, often seemed to deflate or were very cold. Went over to thermorests, the warm comfortable nights' sleep is well worth the money.
 nufkin 15 Jun 2015

> Holy sh8t. No kidding. I dont want cheap but that's going to set me back £600

The Exped basecamp range might be worth a look. They're not cheap either, but I think the synthetic ones are less than Thermarests, and bigger in most dimensions. They're a bit of a faff to inflate, but it's not too much hassle if you're not moving on every day, and they seem very comfy and pretty sturdy - I've got one I use for 'posh' camping, pyjama parties etc.
 Mark Kemball 16 Jun 2015

We got the "thermarest luxury map" - paid £125 a mat for them, but worth every penny. See for example http://www.facewest.co.uk/Thermarest-LuxuryMAP.html It's also worth getting their straps for fastening 2 mattresses together.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...