UKC

Llanmynech restrictions

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 tmawer 16 Jun 2015
Can anyone clarify whether the bird restrictions are still in place at Llanmyench? The BMC site seems to suggest they will be, but I see a couple of routes have been logged so wondered if climbing is now allowed? Cosidering a visit on Friday.
Removed User 16 Jun 2015
In reply to tmawer:

Most people go to Llany for Grid Iron Wall, only red/black walls are effected by the bird ban.
OP tmawer 16 Jun 2015
In reply to Removed User:

Thanks for that.
 Ed Booth 17 Jun 2015
In reply to tmawer:
I was told by somebody the other day that had spoken to the local warden that it was fine to climb on black wall as it's no where near the peregrines. I'm not sure about the red walls. Ed
adam11 17 Jun 2015
In reply to tmawer:

I'm having a meeting with the Warden tomorrow, so I'll ask him.
 Ian Bell 17 Jun 2015
In reply to adam11:

As a slight thread hijack I was contemplating visiting Llanmynech for the first time soon ish. Any recommendations for particularly good routes around the 7a/7b range? From the UKC page it looks like there would be plenty to keep you busy for a / multiple weekend trips, is that right?

Any info gratefully received.

Ian
OP tmawer 17 Jun 2015
In reply to adam11:

Cheers!
adam11 18 Jun 2015
In reply to Ian Bell:
I'm sure you'd find Nomad Wall entertaining. I think there's bolts all over it now!
After the first ascent, using 6" nails for gear, Nick turned to me and said, 'That reminded me of Lord'. The inner quarry (Spotty Dog area) has some good steep stuff in it too. If you see someone walking a Spotty Dog there, say 'Hello'
Take a little brush, some of the ledges tend to get a bit dusty after rainy periods.
Post edited at 21:16
adam11 18 Jun 2015
In reply to tmawer:
Had a word with the Warden today and he just said that there's a notice board in the lower car park, telling you where the areas to avoid are. Enjoy
OP tmawer 18 Jun 2015
In reply to adam11:

Ok. Thanks :0
 Ian Bell 19 Jun 2015
In reply to adam11:

thanks for the advice.
 Luke Owens 24 Jun 2015
In reply to Ian Bell:

The best routes in the Quarry are on Nomad Wall, they are all now fully bolted. I've done them recently so they should be pretty clean now. Red Wall ban lifts next week too, which is a great wall with tons of good routes.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...