UKC

Anyone got an Esbit Cookset 585?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 neuromancer 16 Jun 2015

Quick question - will a small gas cart fit inside it or is it too narrow?

(trying to decide between this and a mytimug, to use occasionally with a gas burner and occasionally with solid fuel)
Post edited at 22:26
Bellie 16 Jun 2015
In reply to neuromancer:

I have one, its a lovely little pot. Holds enough water to use in freeze dried meals and boils up water nicely. Fits great on my vango burner. I'll check in the morning for you to see if the small gas canisters fit inside. I have a little bag with the burner and spoon etc, which I pop inside the pot instead. I haven't used it with solid fuel yet but intend to pimp it and see how it works with a small meths burner.

I have added a plain silicon wrist band around the rim, which helps when drinking from it. At the time I bought it I was looking at more expensive ti options, but went for this (as a tight yorkshireman) and its great.
 PPP 16 Jun 2015
In reply to neuromancer:

100g canister fits nearly perfectly. I am not sure if a stove fits in there, at least MSR Pocket Rocket does not (because it's too tall).
Bellie 17 Jun 2015
In reply to neuromancer:

Yep, what PPP says. fits fine. Inverted it still doesn't have space for the stove (maybe a crux folding stove perhaps). Which is why I opted to put all my cooking bits and stove inside, and pop the canister in the rucksack instead.

PPP 17 Jun 2015
In reply to Bellie:

Or gas canister and tea/coffee/lighter inside and stove outside :P.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...