UKC

Woman's harness query

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 AndyCook 17 Jun 2015
Hi. My other half is looking to buy a woman's harness suitable for all day/multi-day/big wall climbing. She has spotted the Wild Country Spire as it has a double buckle waist belt which is preferable. Would anyone have any experience with this particular harness or able to offer any other options we could look into?

Thanks
Andy
In reply to AndyCook:

She could try the DMM Puma harness as an alternative to the Spire. I think it's great for long multipitch trad days out - it has plenty of gear loops (in the latest version of the harness there are 5 for Size XS and S, and 7 for the larger sizes; the older version had 7 gear loops for all sizes of the harness), the double buckles which you're after, and a 'floating' waist belt which makes the harness really easy to get the right fit for yourself no matter how many layers you're wearing. Most importantly for me, I can wear the harness for long periods relatively comfortably on hanging belays and cramped stances

slab_happy 17 Jun 2015
In reply to Bruise Apprentice:

The Puma doesn't have double waist buckles (well, mine doesn't).

But Google suggests that the double waist buckles are basically intended to do the same thing as the "floating waist belt" on the Puma, i.e. letting you adjust it a lot while keeping the belay loop central relative to the gear loops. And I've found it generally comfy and well-designed.
In reply to slab_happy:

Oops, I took double buckles to mean slide lock buckles! Ta for correcting.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...