UKC

North Wales Tryfan area ideas

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 lynchit 18 Jun 2015

Hello,

Planning a day to North Wales Tryfan area on Saturday looking for a great day out with some interesting and involving pitches.

We are leaving early Saturday AM and returning in the evening so something with a really long approach may be out of the question.

We are either looking for a really nice 'all-day' multipitch route or some shoreter routes that we can easily do a couple of.

We both lead around HS/VS but looking for something that is more enjoyable and interesting, so would be more then up for a VD, HVD, S if they met those requirements.

So far I have shortlisted these climbs:

Avalanche/Red Wall/Longlands
ArĂȘte Climb
Grooved ArĂȘte
Main Wall

How do people rate them? Is there any other alternatives I should take a look at?
Post edited at 15:25
 Offwidth 18 Jun 2015
In reply to lynchit: Tennis Shoe into Original Route into Groove Above into into Grey Slab. East Wall Girdle is a great long romp as well.
 Kirill 18 Jun 2015
In reply to lynchit:

I have only climbed GA and MW, both are great. You'll have a great day on either.
 Trangia 18 Jun 2015
In reply to lynchit:

Be prepared for queues for Grooved Arete - particuilarly on a Saturday - which may throw out your timing. You could keep either First Pinnacle Rib or Second Pinnacle Rib, or Gashed Crag up your sleeve as alternatives.

Or if you are going well and fancy something with a bit more bite either Belle Vue Bastion or Munich Climb are two outstanding VSs.

Have fun!
 earlsdonwhu 18 Jun 2015
In reply to Trangia:

Tennis Shoe then drop down to do sub Cneifion Ridge is a pleasing outing.
 wilkie14c 18 Jun 2015
In reply to earlsdonwhu:

As is the enchainment of the 4 classic rock ticks on the slabs, bottom to top, cracking days climbing (if you are the head of the queue)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...