UKC

Climbing on Majorca (Aug'15) -- need advice

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Perec 18 Jun 2015
Hi Climbers!

I've practiced indoor bouldering for 1,5 years. Climb stable 6C and occasionally 7A. I'm going to try outdoor climbing during my vacation in Majorca (Alcudia) 27/07 - 3/08. Looking for partners, climbing spots or any other guidence.

Thank you in advance!
 Derry 19 Jun 2015
In reply to Perec:

My advice is that its going to be hot. Dry DWS - deep waer soloing
 Derry 19 Jun 2015
In reply to Derry:

duh, I mean Try deep waTer soloing
 0153453 19 Jun 2015
In reply to Perec:

I was there with my girlfriend last year in alcudia, we had a car so it was good to get around. But there was some very nice climbing that side of the island local to alcudia, but not much in the rockfax guidebook, especially lower grades I seem to remember. My girlfriend still says everything is rediculously hard, but that's just climbing outside in my opinion. It is hot. Too hot when we were there, really early starts are best and it's pretty nice up until late morning as far as I can remember. But that's just life combining a holiday with climbing. Just driving around the island was amazing, loads of great things to see, and the roads are great in a Fiat panda hire car!

Personally I really enjoyed climbing there, but I don't think I'd go twice, at least not in summer.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...