UKC

Hilly trail runs -

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 goldmember 19 Jun 2015
I've decided to mix up my training this weekend. Normally do long runs at the weekend, however this weekend I thinking of a doing a hilly trail run.
Need some ideas for locations and routes.
Needs to be with 1 hours of Chester and easy to follow and ideally wide enough to run side by side.

Considerations so and out and back on the sandstone trail, Figure of 8 loops around Delamere and Meol Famau/Arthur

Please hit me with suggestions
 Bob 19 Jun 2015
In reply to goldmember:

Not sure if it's open access or not but I've always fancied running along the top of the Eglwyseg escarpment: Park up at the MTB centre in Llandegla and run out to Trevor and back.
OP goldmember 19 Jun 2015
Cheers Bob.

I should have said I would prefer if the run is off road so the dogs could be off their leads
 Bob 19 Jun 2015
In reply to goldmember:

> Cheers Bob.

> I should have said I would prefer if the run is off road so the dogs could be off their leads

You are in Wales

There's only the mountain road from Minera to Llangollen that you cross though the initial climb up through the forestry will be full of mountain bikers.
OP goldmember 19 Jun 2015
In reply to Bob: on the border mate. Ta for the route
 earlsdonwhu 19 Jun 2015
In reply to goldmember:
Llyn Alwen?

OP goldmember 21 Jun 2015
Thank for all the suggestions done, Moel Famau in the end. parked at the middle car park, ran the loops and then steep ascent. Then out towards Moel Arthur. On the way back I brain Bonked for the first time, its was so horrible and strange. Lesson learnt on tougher and longer runs take a sports drink or gel.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...