UKC

Android app to send a standard text to a fixed number?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Martin W 19 Jun 2015
My other half has expressed a wish for an app on her Android phone which can send a standard text message (eg "Traffic horrendous, running late") to a fixed mobile number (eg her employer) with a single click.

My phone's text app has the capability to set up standard text messages, but you still need to unlock the phone, select the text app, locate the recipient etc etc.

Does anyone know of an app that can do this sort of thing?
 ByEek 19 Jun 2015
In reply to Martin W:

Yes - you say something like

"Hello Google. Message work. Traffic horrendous, running late. Send"

Although which recipient and what they receive is somewhat pot luck!
In reply to Martin W:

A more likely message is 'I have pressed this button by accident, sorry'.

See the recent story on here of an emergency helicopter/MRT callout due to random button presses.
5tormin' 19 Jun 2015
 Ridge 20 Jun 2015
In reply to Martin W:
Tasker app can do all sorts of things like that, automated 'I'm driving' text replies when Bluetoothed to the car for instance. I have a widget that works on one touch to send a text to Mrs Ridge when I've finished a solo run on the fells. Takes a bit of working out, but it's a very useful tool.
 Philip 20 Jun 2015
In reply to Martin W:

If it's happening that often perhaps she should try leaving earlier. Otherwise her boss is going to have a long history in his/her phone of the same text. That'll look good!
 radar 20 Jun 2015
In reply to Martin W:

Quick Text.

Sends prewritten text messages to specified numbers. I haven't used it with the voice command app, but once the phone is unlocked, couple of touches and text is sent.
5tormin' 20 Jun 2015
In reply to Ridge:

Forgot Tasker,great app for multiple tasks.Bit faffy to set up a good guide here.
http://smallbusiness.chron.com/send-sms-messages-automatically-48180.html

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...