UKC

Shaver cleaning fluid

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Indy 22 Jun 2015
I bought a Panasonic ES-LV95 5 blade shaver with cleaning dock. As it was expensive the dealer chucked in a number of cleaning fluid sachets to sweeten the deal. I've now run out and to my astonishment they cost the equivalent of £250/litre.

Anyone with the above or similar shaver know of a generic replacement?
Thanks
 winhill 22 Jun 2015
In reply to Indy:

Have you got an old pack with the ingredients? It's probably an isopropyl alcohol solution with a bit of soap.

I've used neat IPA before but you can get stuff like Clippercide for hair trimmers which has the soap and stuff in it.
 the power 22 Jun 2015
In reply to Indy:

Grow a beard
In reply to Indy:
Not that shaver, but I use http://www.shavers.co.uk/product.php?product_id=486 with my one. I only actually clean mine properly with the machine and chemical every fourth or so clean and normally just run my shaver in a basin of really warm water, plunging and agitating the shaver, for most of the "cleans" which I discovered was almost as good as using the chemicals. All depends on how much oil/grease builds up I would guess, but mine cleans well.

I also do not change the fuild every month as they say as I found its good for at least two months as long as it does not evaporates (I cover the machine to minimise loss by evaporation 😄).

Disclaimer - no idea if this would work with your shaver, but if it's a wet one it could, and can't see why the Philips chemical would be that much different to the Panasonic stuff? At your own risk though!

Edit: that bottle of Philips cleaner in the link does two fills of my machine, so I stretch each bottle to last 4-6 months depending on how often I properly clean the shaver.
Post edited at 18:55
In reply to Indy:

> I bought a Panasonic ES-LV95 5 blade shaver with cleaning dock. As it was expensive the dealer chucked in a number of cleaning fluid sachets to sweeten the deal. I've now run out and to my astonishment they cost the equivalent of £250/litre.

I've been experimenting with cleaning my shaver in 20 year old single malt whisky. At only £90 for a 750ml bottle there is a substantial saving and I found that by adding a little squirt of washing up liquid to the bottle it works just fine.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...