UKC

Info wanted about child care in the Hope Valley, Peak District

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 OffshoreAndy 22 Jun 2015
We are considering moving to the Hope valley, but cant find much information regarding child care for our toddler. Our current nursery opens at 0730hrs and pick up is 1800hrs and we would need similar hours. Would like to know what others do / or have done.

thanks
Andy
 marsbar 22 Jun 2015
In reply to OffshoreAndy:

I'm not sure but you may find mumsnet useful?
Or the council? I think its high peak.
 lowersharpnose 23 Jun 2015

I know a very good childminder in Tideswell (ofsted Good).
 radar 23 Jun 2015

If you are commuting to work in the direction of either Manchester or Sheffield I'm sure your needs will be met en route to work. I'm over in Hayfield, and my tribe are all school age (75% now at secondary!), so my personal experience is a little dated.

There's a company called Blue Grass Purple Cow who seem to be taking over a few of the nurseries locally. Good reputation and amenable opening times. Quite a few independent nurseries too. This side of the hill I can think of at least three in Hayfield /New Mills area (i think there are more), there's a couple in Chapel en le Frith, so even if you were commuting by train you could drive a short distance to a different station with a nursery en route.

Whenever I've caught the train over to Sheffield, the morning commuter train along the Hope Valley line is heaving, so if there is a healthy population of commuters one would expect there to be nursery provision to meet the demands of those commuters.
Agreed Mumsnet might provide more accurate info.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...