UKC

Where to eat prior to going to the O2?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 veteye 24 Jun 2015
Going to see Fleetwood Mac on Saturday evening at the O2.
Last time we went there was to see Monty Python and found the place to be a bit like a glorified shed with the food on sale cold,ill-organised,in too small portions,overpriced and served by impolite ignorant morons.So I wonder if there is a reasonable place not that far away which can serve food in a reasonable time and has food which is the obverse of the above description.
Alternatively is there a food stand at the venue that you would really recommend?

Rob
 Dauphin 25 Jun 2015
In reply to veteye:

Eat in central London, take the boat darn old father Thames from Westminster bridge. It's summer.

D
 climbwhenready 25 Jun 2015
In reply to veteye:

Maybe you had a bad experience, I've tended to find the food shops are exactly what you expect (Nandos is Nandos, GBK is GBK, etc.) and not worse. Nevertheless if you've got the time I'd second eating first and going by clipper.
OP veteye 25 Jun 2015
In reply to climbwhenready:

Thank you both of you. We will consider the boat idea.
 edunn 26 Jun 2015
In reply to veteye:

Greenwich village is nice.
No direct tube to the O2 but you can get the river taxi from there, or a bus I'm sure, or it's a 2.5 mile walk along the river.

Alternatively there's Bermondsey a few stops back on the Jubilee line with 100's of decent places.

Enjoy.
OP veteye 28 Jun 2015
In reply to edunn:

We did the Bermondsey thing.
We went to Antico, 214 Bermondsey Street, an Italian.
Bloody brilliant. Excellent food and a perfectly balanced,subtle rose Bardolino wine.
Prior to 6.30 pm there is a 3 course deal for £19.
So all went perfectly.
Thank You
Rob

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...