UKC

I've built a bouldering wall in my garage! (St Neots, cambs)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 struds 25 Jun 2015
 French Erick 25 Jun 2015
In reply to struds:

cool set-up man. Looks very neat too. What's the angle?
 hipyhop 25 Jun 2015
In reply to struds:

That looks so well built for a home setup. I'm (stuck) in St Neots too, will definitely have to come check it out sometime. Entry in exchange for beer?

I'll email you with more details.

veteye 25 Jun 2015
In reply to struds:

Too far to come to our little wall near the hospital in Peterborough?
 Kevster 25 Jun 2015
In reply to struds:

I used to climb in the summer in a Cambridge one. Quite a little scene developed - when it was warm! However I'm, too far away to participate myself but good luck and have fun! I think you'll have a fair uptake.
OP struds 25 Jun 2015
In reply to veteye:

The combination of long days in London and only the odd hour to spare makes it hard to make a trip elsewhere, there's a tiny wall in St Neots with easy routes but no bouldering.

So it's my garage or not at all for a while !
OP struds 25 Jun 2015
In reply to French Erick:

12, 25 and 30 degree boards with a vertical section too.

OP struds 25 Jun 2015
In reply to hipyhop:

Absolutely entry for beer !

I had a carpenter in for few days to get the frame up and ply cut ! It worked out really well as it took him no time at all and got a great finish.. I then spent a month drilling holes and screwing fixings.. an hour here and there. It's not that high but there's loads of climbing and I get burned off pretty quickly
 veteye 25 Jun 2015
In reply to struds:

I understand your situation and on most occasions you have to be at your own wall,but I would say that it is worth taking the time once or even possibly twice to come along to the Peterborough wall.Partly to do something a little different,and partly to meet some PMC club members.Thereby you could get in on some trips to Snowdonia and use the club hut at Gefnan.You could pick up climbing contacts for climbing in the peak as well as Wales, or even Almscliffe and environs.
 goose299 26 Jun 2015
In reply to struds:

That's awesome for a home wall. Shits on my dodgy effort
 Tru 26 Jun 2015
In reply to struds:

Hi Strudles that is a great looking wall! I live 'down the road' in Stotfold and would be well up for coming over for a Tuesday Session.

I'll send you a pm.

Rob.
 JEF 28 Jun 2015
In reply to struds:

There's a climbing club at Grafham Water centre in Perry, club nights are Tuesdays and Wednesday 7pm till 9.30.
www.grafhamclimbingclub.com
militantmandy 13 Jul 2015
In reply to struds:

Looks brilliant! I am (hopefully, waiting to hear back from estate agent) about to move into a house with a double garage and I'd love to do something like this too. Did you Do the boards yourself or are they some proprietary thing that comes pre-drilled?
 maxsmith 13 Jul 2015
In reply to struds:

I also have the misfortune to live in one of the flattest places in the UK...I've sent you an email!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...