UKC

high neb girdle

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Graeme Hammond 26 Jun 2015
I'm interested in doing the high neb girdle but don't have an old guide available as mine are in storage at present so just hoping that someone would be kind enough to type out the description from an old guide. Thanks graeme
 mikej 26 Jun 2015
In reply to Graeme Hammond:

Start by hand-traversing the large break right of Cave Buttress and traverse away left into the corner of Ami. Cross the exposed, steep face of High Neb Buttress by a sensational hand-traverse along a ledge 6 feet below the top. Fortunately the handholds are good and the corner of the buttress is soon reached. Continue, slightly lower, to drop down onto the large ledge of Norse Corner Climb. Continue left, beneath the roofs of Quietus and Kelly's Overhang to finish up Twisting Crack.
Post edited at 18:43
 Offwidth 26 Jun 2015
In reply to mikej:

Easy to go too low and mistake the HVS 5a Dalesman traverse for the hand-traverse (which is more ledge shuffling than a hand traverse). At some point the route probably did take Dalesman. This and most old routes not in the current definitives are usually on Offwidth.

http://offwidth.uptosummit.com/stanagehighneb.html
In reply to Offwidth:

Thanks I did try to look at your site before posting but it doesn't work on my phone. Having done the dalesman before I know that it is the not serve territory and found it hard enough on led so will not be soloing that any time soon.
In reply to mikej:

Thanks
 Offwidth 27 Jun 2015
In reply to Graeme Hammond:

Proton browser works for flash sites on a tablet... you have to pay or accept ads.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...