UKC

Peugeot Expert Van - Minimal Conversion

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 Hephaestus 28 Jun 2015
premier post photo
Price: £2250
An excellent van for the weekend warrior - I'll give the details in two parts, first the van itself and then the work done to convert it into something in between a van and a camper.

THE VAN:
Peugeot Expert with the excellent 2.0 HDI engine, which I bought in 2009 from South Yorkshire police. It had done service with them as a camera van, so while it had done little apart from sit on motorway bridges filming us all while we drove by it still benefited from regular servicing and maintenance. It has never been used as a trade van, so it doesn't have the usual dings, dents and dirt associated with daily use to carry men and materials round the country. It's been my main vehicle for travel and leisure, but that has mainly been for longer journeys as I have a number of bicycles to justify for the commute to work, shopping and the like.
MOT valid until Jan 2016
It has a relatively modest 102k for its age and runs very nicely indeed. First time starter and the engine is bombproof. It has served me for 6 years with very little going wrong. It had a new starter motor, some fuel line seals replaced, a full new exhaust system.
It's not perfect, but I've photographed the minor defects present - a slight bump affecting the back doors and, a little bit of rust on the passenger side door and a scrape on the passenger side wing mirror. Have a look at the pictures to see these.

THE CONVERSION:
I have made the following amendments to the original format:
- Fully insulated with Celotex insulation, with an additional layer of closed foam insulation on the ceiling and 1" foam rubber matting on the floor.
- Ply lined and carpeted on the walls and ceiling
- Rock and roll bed, which I had custom made for the van, and is also boarded out and carpeted. The bed is square section steel with roller-bearings so it's pretty bombproof and slides from the vertical to horizontal smoothly. It's also rated for fitting seatbelts if you wanted to register the van as a passenger vehicle.
- Leisure battery fitted with split charge diode to prevent running the starter battery down.
- Interior lights and 12v sockets.
- Nice little sound system fitted, with 4 Alpina speakers under the rear seats.

I've tried to price the van to reflect the trade value of the van itself, plus the extras included. I think I've got it about right. It's considerably cheaper than a fully converted van and likewise cheaper than having a conversion done for you, whatever spec you were to choose.

Pictures are here - https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3g8f1otzh85qtrz/AAB7YrHK_ac68Gn-wzow7xbQa?dl=0.

Please email me with any questions or to arrange a viewing.

Jim
Removed User 05 Jul 2015
In reply to Hephaestus:

Hi, good looking van, have you any idea what weight it will pull, cheers.

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...