UKC

Range East access this week

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 james.slater 29 Jun 2015
Hi all,

Im finding it hard to condense the information on firing times from the various sources. The MOD site says the road from Bosherton to St Govans chapel will be closed every weekday. Does that mean St govans and Trevallen are off limits, as well as everything further west?
 The Pylon King 29 Jun 2015
In reply to james.slater:

Sounds like it, usually open in evening though.
OP james.slater 29 Jun 2015
In reply to Pylon King Against Capit@lism:

Damn, is it unusual for all the major crags to be restricted? I was under the impression Trevallen and St Govans were normally open, even when firing was taking place.

Better get psyched for Mother Careys then!
 John2 29 Jun 2015

In practice, the St Govan's road is often open when scheduled to be closed. Night firing takes place on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and on those days the road is almost always closed. On other days it is worth a look if you're staying reasonably close to Bosherston.
OP james.slater 29 Jun 2015
In reply to John2:

Theres a glimmer of hope then! We are very flexible so if it is open we should be around to take advantage of it.
 spidermonkey09 29 Jun 2015
It's reasonably common for the road to be shut on paper yeah, when I went last September this was the case for all but one week- I just got lucky! However locals said it tended to be open a fair few days anyway and the few days it was shut when I was there it opened in the afternoon.

Worth rememberig that mowing word has no firing restrictions and the bird restrictions have been lifted, so get stuck in!
OP james.slater 30 Jun 2015
In reply to spidermonkey09:

Sounds promising, With Mowing Word and Mother Careys I think we should have plenty to go at when the road is closed.

Thanks for the info!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...