UKC

Marking kit

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Daisyduke 30 Jun 2015
Just marking my kit up for Switzerland next week. I've got these Toughtags and they seem loads better than insulating tape...name and phone number included!

If I found someone's gear with their phone number on I'd return it...what does everyone else think?

DD
 tehmarks 30 Jun 2015
In reply to Daisyduke:

One of my partners recently accidentally left one of my 60cm extenders on a route we bailed from, and a day later I had an email from a nice foreign man asking if I wanted it back. Sadly I didn't get the email until four days later as I was leaving the area - but they do work!
In reply to Daisyduke:

I had to leave about £150 worth of gear (a full pitch worth of protection) due to an "unexpected turn of events" on the crag, all was marked with Toughtags showing my name, postcode and house number, & phone number. When friends went to recover the gear next day it had, you guessed it, all gone and I never got it back. This was simply theft, clearly some climber(s) lack a moral compass.
 neuromancer 30 Jun 2015
In reply to Daisyduke:

I'm not sure I'd mark everything I had with tags - I'm more of the "so it doesnt get confused with my mates" gold nail varnish type.

Big stuff though.. say skis? why not?
 GridNorth 30 Jun 2015
In reply to Daisyduke:

Unfortunately it eventually starts to peel off. They were better when krabs had a round cross section but modern krabs offer less surface area to stick to because of the shape of the moulding. I just use a dot of nail varnish.

Al

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...