UKC

Quiet Multi pitch routes in wales

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 1176gws 01 Jul 2015
Does any body have any suggestions for some quiet, out of the way multi pitch routes in wales ?
 The Potato 01 Jul 2015
In reply to 1176gws:
North mid south coast etc, grades?
Craig lloer has a few and is usually empty due to a fair walk in but worth it
OP 1176gws 01 Jul 2015
In reply to Pesda potato:

Anywhere really and in the lower grades
 Simon Caldwell 01 Jul 2015
In reply to 1176gws:

Anything on No match for crag id:16585
 kylo-342 01 Jul 2015
In reply to 1176gws:

Winthrop Young's Route - is a must do...best savoured on a miserable wet day... some good "traditional" climbing

Winthrop Young's Climb (VD)
pasbury 01 Jul 2015
In reply to 1176gws:

Moelwyns, Craig yr Ogof (Cwm Silyn), Llechog, Gist Ddu in the Arans.....
In reply to 1176gws: Try the routes on Llechog. So unfrequented that it doesn't seem to feature properly in the UKC database*. Routes from Diff upwards, and up to (and in some cases slightly beyond) 400 feet. OS ref SH 597 537 according to my 1989 Tremadog and Cwm Silyn guidebook.

T.
* this may be me being dim, of course

Simon Caldwell 01 Jul 2015
In reply to andrewmcleod:

> Cyfrwy by the Table Direct

the one route on the hill where you risk finding queues!
 Spengler 01 Jul 2015
In reply to 1176gws:
Will o' the Wisp (HVD)

It's in the Rockfax Top 50 I believe, but not climbed very often, so can be vegetated.
Post edited at 16:16
 Arcturus 01 Jul 2015
In reply to 1176gws:

Not been for a while but whenever we went to Y Lliwedd it was practically deserted. A sort of á la carte - pick your own way cliff . Maybe due to the weather (mostly chucking it down) but I think it is a great mountain which seems to be unfashionable and undervalued. A mountaineer's mountain.
In reply to Pursued by a bear:

> Try the routes on Llechog. So unfrequented that it doesn't seem to feature properly in the UKC database*. Routes from Diff upwards, and up to (and in some cases slightly beyond) 400 feet. OS ref SH 597 537 according to my 1989 Tremadog and Cwm Silyn guidebook. > T.
> * this may be me being dim, of course

Do you mean this one Llechog (Cwm Clogwyn)
If so, the climbs listed are all HVS and above, but if there are more in the guidebook and it really doesn't 'feature properly' why don't you volunteer to moderate the crag and add the missing climbs properly (no-one's doing it at the moment) ?
In reply to Ron Rees Davies: That's not a bad shout Ron. Whilst I'm not sure I'm one of nature's moderators by instinct, I'll be quite happy to populate the database with such routes as are in the guidebook.

T.

Moderating's quite easy - and you can always volunteer to moderate it, populate all the missing routes in the right places and add a few descriptions / access notes, then resign as moderator afterwards, although I doubt there will be many new routes on that crag that will need checking!
In reply to Ron Rees Davies: Given that I live in Somerset and my mobility is becoming annoyingly inconvenienced by MS, I think I wouldn't make a good on-site route checker or arbiter. But I'll have a look at adding to the stored wisdom of the site and then, as you suggest, exit stage left; hopefully not pursued by a bear...

T.
 Dave Williams 01 Jul 2015
In reply to 1176gws:

Adam Rib (HS 4b)

Lovely route, lovely location, nice moves on the crux pitch; well worth the walk in.
baron 01 Jul 2015
Good shout.
One of the best and certainly quietest crags in Snowdonia.
Now the cat's out of the bag it might get busier although the walk in/off
might put most people off.
Get a guide book and enjoy some of the nicest/easiest/longest routes in Wales.

Pmc

baron 01 Jul 2015
In reply to Dave Williams:
A wonderful climb on a long neglected crag.
Spoilt only by a walk in/out exceeding 10minutes, the lack of route names
scratched on the rock, no polish/chalk and no cafe within sight.
Probably best to go somewhere else

pmc
adam11 01 Jul 2015
Cwm Cowarch
 Darron 01 Jul 2015
In reply to 1176gws:
Doom and Acheron at Cywarch
Aardvark on Gist Ddu

Oooop's - sorry, missed the lower grade bit. I wouldn't do any of these until you are going well at HVS.

By the way it's fairly easy with long days to find a quiet route. Just pick a classic and start at about 4 in the afternoon.
Post edited at 23:17
 Cardi 01 Jul 2015
In reply to 1176gws:

Not done them, but I bet the Black Ladders 'classics' like Cannon Rib get very little traffic in summer...
 caradoc 02 Jul 2015
In reply to 1176gws:

Rectory Chimneys, Cwm Glas, the perfect choice.
youtube.com/watch?v=fgpgYcN5ai4&

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...