UKC

House Design 3-D Software Recommendations ??

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 sbc_10 01 Jul 2015
Hello everybody,

Thinking about some work on the plumbing and the electrics of the house. Projects to keep me busy would be to install CH, add log burner + back boiler + thermal store in converted loft, solar panels etc.....not much then.
Being a 1950's semi there are earth wires, cables and pipes all over the place that seem to be added on to solve issues that I'm no longer sure are issues any more. I would like to do the majority of the work myself. Firstly because it is cheaper but secondly, I do like to know how things are set up for any problems a few years down the line.
I would really like to produce a 3-D model of the house as it is now, and then use it to plan work needed to be done in small stages that will not leave me without water or electrics for any long period of time...or until I can get an emergency tradesman !! ( note to self .....need more faith).
Is there a 3-d house modelling app or software people could recommend ? One that will show pipes and electrics in the structure of a house?
It just has to be rough and ready, not a swish interior design type thing. 'Free' would be nice as well.

Thanks for any guidance. ( I am a PC-laptop user. Windows 8)

Cheers

Sean.

tinytom 01 Jul 2015
In reply to sbc_10:

There are a few (expensive) programmes that are more than capable of doing what you want to do, but as I say they are most likely too expensive, they also require you to know how to use the programme

I would recommend google sketch-up programme, which is free (as far as I know) and should be able to produce what you want to produce. You will have to spend some time playing around with it to understand how to use it. Also use it on a computer that can easily handle it.
OP sbc_10 01 Jul 2015
In reply to tinytom:

Thanks Tom, will check it out.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...