UKC

Is Lasportiva Boulder X Mid shoes suitability for trekking?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
chaldakov 06 Jul 2015

Is Lasportiva Boulder X Mid Gore-Tex shoes suitability for trekking with a backpack?
http://www.lasportiva.com/en/approach/approach-man/mens/details/products/bo...

What does your personal experience?

Thank you,
Nick
Post edited at 07:24
 AlanLittle 06 Jul 2015
In reply to chaldakov:

In general, approach shoes aren't the best option for things that don't involve substantial amounts of climbing/scrambling. They tend to be narrower and stiffer in the forefoot than hiking or trail running shoes - this is what makes them usable for climbing but less good for non-climbing.

I have done multi-day trips in apparoach shoes when there was a lot of scrambling & easy climbing involved, but they weren't the most comfortable for the non-climbing parts.

Obviously it depends on how they fit you, and the Boulder X isn't the most climbing-oriented of the La Sportivas (that would be the Ganda) but if you're not interested in climbing in them then you might want to look at other options.
 gethin_allen 06 Jul 2015
In reply to chaldakov:
I haven't used the mid version but the normal boulder x is not the most durable so unless you are planning a particularly technical climbing trek then the may not be ideal.
 richie4088 06 Jul 2015
In reply to chaldakov:

Used mine on 6 week trip to Nepal which included Trekking from Lukla up to Gokyo Ri and various routes around there, also went over the Renjo La pass in them. Out of the 6 weeks i was there i had them on probably 80% of the time the other 20% were Sportiva Spantiks or Saloman Speedcross..................felt great in them.
chaldakov 06 Jul 2015
In reply to chaldakov:

Thank you. I am understand ...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...