UKC

NEWS: Impact Day E8 for Woodburn, Mchaffie and Twyford

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 06 Jul 2015
Dave Birkett on 'Impact Day' E8/9 6c, Pavey Ark. , 3 kbThe notoriously tricky Impact Day E8 6c at Pavey Ark has seen a flurry of interest recently with three ascents in just over a week, by Charlie Woodburn, James Mchaffie and Emma Twyford. First climbed by Dave Birkett and initially given E9, the route involves sustained climbing with a heartbreaker crux at the top of the climb.

Read more
 djmarko75 06 Jul 2015
In reply to UKC News:

Very nice effort by James, Charlie and Emma. First female ascent?

It would be good to see some of Dave's Scafell routes recieve second ascents this year too.
 Climbster 06 Jul 2015
In reply to UKC News:

Shared a belay with James and Emma, while we were climbing Astra; on the same day as the Impact Day ascents.
2 very impressive leads on what was clearly a very hard climb; James and Emma's ascents weren't bad either.

I think we got some half decent shots of James' lead, which I'll upload in a bit. Unfortunately, we missed getting any photos of Emma's lead; as we were otherwise engaged being awesome on Astra. (Although we thought we were on Jack's Rake at the time

Nice work chaps.
 Derek Ryden 06 Jul 2015
In reply to UKC News:

So could some kind person please explain to me exactly what "getting out of the elevator position on backhand" is supposed to mean???
 The Pylon King 06 Jul 2015
In reply to UKC News:

Great to hear the route utilises pegs
Post edited at 23:18
 Jon Read 07 Jul 2015
In reply to Derek Ryden:
I'm with you Derek, never heard this one before! I presume an 'elevator position' is akin to trying to prise open a shut lift door??

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...