UKC

10 years on 7/7

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Scarab9 07 Jul 2015
In reply to dale1968:

thank you for your insightful thoughts on the topic.
 Andy Morley 07 Jul 2015
In reply to dale1968:

Just about says it all - people who rely on some external authority to provide them with views, information and beliefs rather than thinking for themselves. End result of this behavioural trait nearly always seems to end in bloodshed, though hopefully not here
XXXX 07 Jul 2015
In reply to dale1968:
I thought you were going to link to the UKC thread which I just started to read. It still makes me shiver 10 years on.

http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=137388&v=1#x1910771

My thoughts are with relatives today as the whole country shines a spotlight on their grief.

Post edited at 08:59
 alanw 07 Jul 2015
In reply to XXXX:

I remember the day well and the UKC thread was one of the main ways I stayed up-to-date. I had only just joined the site, still follow it but don't post much, but it certainly played its part on that strange and sad day.

Quite by chance, I was on the tube that day and not on my bike. I went through King's Cross in the morning and something was already not right - light's out, didn't stop - but I had no idea anything serious had happened. UKC was one of the first places I found out what was happening. The rest of the day was surreal, ending with a walk home through almost deserted streets.

Thoughts today with the victims, survivors and their family and friends.
Adanmoo 07 Jul 2015
In reply to dale1968:

Ten years past ,but the day we will remember.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...