UKC

Tryfan parking at campsite?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Justaname 07 Jul 2015
Apologies if this is in the wrong forum, destinations seemed wrong.

Anyway, is it possible to park at the campsite at the bottom of little Tryfan at the farm for a few quid? I figure it will allow faster access to Heather Terrace.
 maxsmith 07 Jul 2015
In reply to Justaname:

the road (free) is around 100m away and there's tons of spaces there..
 robhorton 07 Jul 2015
In reply to Justaname:

I've not been there for a couple of years but there was a parking area near the entrance with a sign asking you to pay at the farm. As the previous poster noted you can park at the edge of the road though.
 adam06 07 Jul 2015
yea, you can pay at the campsite to park. cant remember the cost or you can park for free on the bank leading to the campsite. there is quite a lot of parking, but it can get full on warm weekends during the holidays so early is better.
 lithos 07 Jul 2015
In reply to adam06:

it was a quid last time i parked there.
 aostaman 07 Jul 2015
In reply to Justaname:

Yes, and it is quicker to access HT and it was so cheap and gives a bit of support to a local hill farmer family I'm not quite sure why you wouldn't.

Hope the weather's ok
 climbwhenready 07 Jul 2015
In reply to Justaname:
Save time ? Doesn't it take longer to pay, than the 35 seconds it takes to walk through the gate from the layby?
Post edited at 11:29
In reply to aostaman:

Although it feels 'right' and so seems shorter/quicker to make an 'East side' start, Gwern Gof Uchaf and the Milestone approach path are almost identical distances from the start of the heather terrace path (It is slightly shorter to access Heather Terrace parking on the road at Glan Dena and walking the direct unmarked path).

The intended descent route makes much more of a difference to the choice of where to park than the HT start.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...