UKC

Screening Neighbours Out

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Baron Weasel 07 Jul 2015
We have an unpleasant neighbour that we want to screen off and have been looking at various brushwood, bamboo, reed which would be quick to install and relatively cheap. The other alternative we have looked at is willow hurdle type screens which are much pricier, but look as though they will last much longer.

Anyone got any experience with these types of screens? Are the cheap ones ok, or is it worth paying more?

Cheers!
 Mountain Llama 07 Jul 2015
In reply to Baron Weasel:

Hi

Have used bamboo to great effect. It's cheap and easy to install if you have a supporting structure. I used lattice attached to some posts, then just wired the bamboo on in a few places. You can stain it with wood preserve if you want to get arty!

From memory we used wilco and its still ok after 15 years http://www.wilko.com/fencing+screening/screening+trellis/icat/screening-tre...

HTH Davey
OP Baron Weasel 07 Jul 2015
In reply to Mountain Llama:

Thanks, you have got me thinking. I was cautious of the cheaper stuff after someone gave us some and the wire holding it together had perished causing it to fall apart - but if I make a frame then it would be easy to install and could be clamped within the frame.
 Mountain Llama 07 Jul 2015
In reply to Baron Weasel:

Yeh,if u were worried about the wire perishing u could use 2 or 3 wooden batons to sandwich it.
OP Baron Weasel 07 Jul 2015
In reply to Mountain Llama:

That's exactly what I was thinking!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...