UKC

very sneaky politicians

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
DEE23 09 Jul 2015
To be honest personally this new budget will affect me and my partner much as im currently a uni student and also a parent of a three month old little boy, I don't claim any benefits at the moment except housing benefit as we cant afford to this on our own. I extremely annoyed with the fact that this George Osbourne is scrapping the maintenance grant so before you even get into the REAL WORLD, you are in mountains of debt. University students are already in enough debt as it is. The fact that the chancellor has done this also means that alot of young people will be put off going to university due to this, and how can the chancellor say that university fees are going to rise the fees and the future and yet are lowering the amount students have to live on. I think everyone has to remember that at the end of the day, US STUDENTS AND THE YOUNGER GENERATION ARE THE FUTURE of Britain. Im very annoyed at the fact that this government is just going to make the poor even more poor but at the same time if people are able to get off their butts and work then great because i dont believe you should be able to sit at home getting free hand outs and been able to have more and more children so their income increase. isnt it funny also how the chancellor swept over the fact that car insurance tax is going to increase too which again is going to make it so the younger generation cant afford. In the next few years this country is going to see millions of people having children due to these ridiculous policy which means more money spent, this country is also going to see alot of young people not reaching their full potential because of the fact that they think it is too expensive to go to university. This country is changing for the worst not the better. I say if we got rid of most of the people that kept coming over from different countries and claiming hand outs from the british tax payers then alot of money would be saved there, not even that how about anyone who comes over or is on the dole for an extended amount of time GOES OUT TO WORK!

This government is all for the rich and those who can afford and the ones who cant afford are been hit the hardest
Removed User 09 Jul 2015
In reply to DEE23:

Aye, you've really gone off on one there mate. This was a budget for the rich right enough. The living wage, what a joke! Who can live on that! Four more years of 1 per cent pays raises for me. Just glad I'm within touching distance of retirement, which might come sooner as I feel increasingly guilty and move over to give the young 'uns a chance.

Fecking hate the Tories.........!
 JoshOvki 09 Jul 2015
In reply to DEE23:

I dislike how if you go to University you are going to end up in mountains of debt, if you go out to work there is a high chance you will be pain considerably less if you are aged between 18 and 25 than someone 25 and over.

Why is someone worth less that 24, doing exactly the same job as someone at 25?
 DancingOnRock 09 Jul 2015
In reply to DEE23:
Good luck with your degree. It worries me that some people at university are unable to use paragraphing, spelling or grammar correctly.

Maybe when the university system becomes more about educating our top people and stops being a processing plant for young people to get a piece of paper, then we might be able to publicly fund it.

Post edited at 10:19
 Mike Highbury 09 Jul 2015
In reply to JoshOvki:

> I dislike how if you go to University you are going to end up in mountains of debt, if you go out to work there is a high chance you will be pain considerably less if you are aged between 18 and 25 than someone 25 and over.

> Why is someone worth less that 24, doing exactly the same job as someone at 25?

I'm guessing that you didn't go to university, am I right?
 girlymonkey 09 Jul 2015
In reply to Removed UserDeleted bagger:

Pay rises?! Trying being a freelancer! I have freelanced for the last 8 years, and I still can't charge more for most of my work than I did 8 years ago. I have managed to get a bit more this last year, but that's once in 8 years!
 dread-i 09 Jul 2015
In reply to DEE23:

You know that in Germany, you can get a free university education?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-32821678

They're playing the long game. Lots of foreign students will choose to stay on after their degree. The others may have fond memories of Germany and in future business dealings, may favour German companies.

Britain attracts lots of foreign students and the universities make lots of money from them. But I wonder how long that will continue, when they are competing against 'free'. Still, when foreign students dry up, they can always increase the fees.

Scotland has the right idea. Invest in young people, and they will contribute more to society. And Englands dreaming.

JoshOvki 09 Jul 2015
In reply to Mike Highbury:
You would be wrong. I went to university, read Computer Forensics, and now work as a Middleware Engineer for a multi-national company, slowly paying off my degree (only 15 years to go).

None of this budget will really effect me currently.
Post edited at 11:45
 zimpara 09 Jul 2015
In reply to JoshOvki:

Perfect measured response.
Nothing wrong with taking the time to "spell correctly!" Or edit post*
 Fraser 09 Jul 2015
In reply to DEE23:

Troll! Registered today just for a moan. Nuff said.
 Timmd 09 Jul 2015
In reply to Fraser:

> Troll! Registered today just for a moan. Nuff said.

Or to let off steam before exploding?
 Chris Harris 09 Jul 2015
In reply to DEE23:

> US STUDENTS AND THE YOUNGER GENERATION ARE THE FUTURE of Britain.

We might as well pack it all in now if you are the future.

Or are you referring to American students being the future, as ours aren't up to much?

Rob Exile Ward 09 Jul 2015
In reply to DEE23:

Excellent troll, you've obviously hooked a few which is quite a coup round here.
Removed User 09 Jul 2015
In reply to girlymonkey:

The difference being I pay Tax.

girlymonkey 09 Jul 2015

So do I! No difference there! (Yes, I don't earn a fortune, so more than likely I pay less tax than you, but still taxed!)
Removed User 09 Jul 2015
In reply to girlymonkey:

You must be doin' som'et wrong then. All the folk I know who are self employed seem to exist in the cash economy.
 girlymonkey 09 Jul 2015

I think you will find THEY are doing something wrong
I don't think anyone I work for would pay me cash even if I asked for it.
Removed User 09 Jul 2015
In reply to girlymonkey:

Happen, but it's up to them what they do with it. Like lots of self-employed maybe they just declare enough to keep the revenue off their backs and work all the other dodges to their benefit.
 Dr.S at work 09 Jul 2015

Greece?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...