UKC

Walls in or around Surrey that will allow my 2.5 year old

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
danielsonson 09 Jul 2015

My 2.5 year old son is desperate to hit the wall,

To give perspective he was an early walker, cyclist and asks to watch climbing videos as often as Fireman Sam videos. He has a full harness which is deployed on as many tree climbing escapades as my patience will tolerate and I do think that he is now ready to hit the wall.

My difficulty is finding somewhere that will let him climb (top rope obviously), all our local centers, Surrey Sports Park, Guildford Craggy, High Sports etc start at 4 years old, which is an arbitrary figure as kids at this age develop differently. He is already two classes above his age group in football.

I will take him out on the SS at some stage but he will want to go back more regularly than a 2-4 hour commute will permit.

Any recommendations would be great!

Thanks

Dan
Post edited at 14:12
 girlymonkey 09 Jul 2015
In reply to danielsonson:

I'm surprised they have a lower age limit if you are taking him in yourself. We won't take them under 4 as instructors, but parents can bring them in at any age (I'm in Stirling, no use to you, I am just expressing my surprise!). Due to the fact that they have a limited attention span for it at that age, under 5s are free in our wall too.
Good luck finding something!
 Oceanrower 09 Jul 2015

I think you'll find White Spider will be able to help you.
danielsonson 09 Jul 2015
In reply to Oceanrower:

Thanks ocean rower and girly monkey. Dan
danielsonson 09 Jul 2015

Awesome; White spider took a very pragmatic approach and I applaud them for that!

Thanks for the tip
 maybe_si 09 Jul 2015

Craggy Sutton is a good call, no age limit if you are looking after your own kids
danielsonson 10 Jul 2015
In reply to maybe_si:

We had an awesome time at white spider, he had a few goes at top roping and really enjoyed the kids bouldering area, high balling at 2.5yrs!

Thanks again.
 Oceanrower 10 Jul 2015

Glad you enjoyed it. New one opening in Fareham soon. Bouldering only but absolutely huge kids area (and separate from the main bouldering area!)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...