UKC

Taking bikes on east midland trains ?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Morning,

Are you allowed to take bikes on the train easily ?

The websites claim you might need to book them but my friend says he does this all the time with no problems.

Its off peak at about 7 at night when we're going

OM
 Mikkel 10 Jul 2015
In reply to Onion magnet:

I am regular taking my bike on the Worksop to Nottingham train, so far the record have been 9 bikes but that is for the morning commute. Only had 1 time where I could not get on and that was due to the train being full of standing people not because of to many bikes already on. They are very relaxed about the 2 bike rule and you should not have any problems I would have thought.
In reply to Mikkel:

> I am regular taking my bike on the Worksop to Nottingham train, so far the record have been 9 bikes but that is for the morning commute. Only had 1 time where I could not get on and that was due to the train being full of standing people not because of to many bikes already on. They are very relaxed about the 2 bike rule and you should not have any problems I would have thought.

Excellent news, I'm heading to Matlock and as such don't think it will be a busy train.

Thanks

OM
In reply to Mikkel:

We had no problems getting on the train with our bikes , I think there was about 5 in all on the train to Matlock.

Did you know it's only 3 quid return after 6:15 unfortunately the return has to be that evening but either way it's still loads cheaper than the standard fare out there.

OM

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...