UKC

Camping Cortina d'Ampezzo

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 gilliesp 10 Jul 2015
Hi, Any preferences for campsites at Camping Cortina d'Ampezzo would be appreciated. Via Ferrata trip. I was going to make contact with them about arriving in wee small hours - if that was possible. Any info would be appreciated. Cheers.
 martin.p65 10 Jul 2015
In reply to gilliesp:

Just posted on another Dolomites thread: http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=619883&new=8088197#x8088197

There should be good info for you there.

Camping Cortina shut the barrier between certain times. Maybe 11pm-8am. This means you cannot drive in and out but I'm sure if you make contact, they will arrange something. They were eager to please us when we wanted to leave at 0600 but don't think they realised we were on foot :P
OP gilliesp 10 Jul 2015
In reply to martin.p65:

Many thanks. Couldn't open your video though?
 martin.p65 10 Jul 2015
In reply to gilliesp:

Fixed
 digby 10 Jul 2015
In reply to gilliesp:

All campsites (as far as I know), and certainly Camping Olympia, have a parking area outside for late arrivals. You should stay there until normal opening time and not disturb people sleeping by setting up at night. It's highly unlikely anyone will lift the barrier in the wee small hours anyway.
 LucaC 10 Jul 2015
In reply to digby:

+1 for Olympia. Had a great time there and the oweners were dead chilled compared to other sites we stayed at!
 digby 10 Jul 2015
In reply to LJC:

Yes! They've always been nice to me too. I've never stayed at any of the other ones in Cortina as Olympia is very agreeable. I'm hoping it's the best of them
 bobpilgrem 11 Jul 2015
In reply to gilliesp: stayed at Camping Dolomitic on south side of town last month.Stayed 4 days, nice location
And good facilities.Parking area in front of site if you arrive late,.Also small shop on site opens in morning for basics.
Looked at other 2 sites nearby, and thought this one much nicer, have a good trip.

OP gilliesp 11 Jul 2015
In reply to bobpilgrem:

Thanks all. Seems most of the sites have plus factors.
 echo34 03 Aug 2015
are there power outlets available at Camp Olympia? I am camping there later this summer, and it would be useful for charging up my camera - can always use the car if not.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...