UKC

Gorge du Tarn

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Alan Pierce 11 Jul 2015
Does anyone know what the temperatures and conditions are like at the moment ?
 stp 11 Jul 2015
In reply to Alan Pierce:

Not been there at this time of the year but it can definitely get pretty hot there much earlier than this. I was under the impression it's not really a summer crag, at least if you're after good temps for climbing hard.
 heleno 12 Jul 2015
In reply to Alan Pierce:

Our son was there a couple of weeks ago and left for Ceuse because it was too hot in the Tarn.
 jon 12 Jul 2015
In reply to Alan Pierce:

Not the Tarn but it's currently hovering around 35° in Buis and has been for two or three weeks now, with occasional hot days of 38°. Looking at the long term forecast it's due to stay like that for at least two weeks. On the plus side, it's dry! Interestingly the same long term meteo for Millau, for example, is consistently 5 or 6° cooler than here. Still a bit warm, though...
 jwi 12 Jul 2015
In reply to Alan Pierce:
From the forcast ( http://www.meteoblue.com/en/weather/forecast/week/les-vignes_france_2999333 ) it looks acceptable, at least the days when there's wind from the north. But I love Tarn and I'm fine dropping 3-4 grades and used to climbing in the heat, and it is definitely only possible to climb at certain sectors on quite tight time frames.

Go to Cavallers/Travessani instead perhaps?
Post edited at 12:22
 Ray Sharples 12 Jul 2015
In reply to Alan Pierce:

Came back yesterday and it's been pretty hot, especially at the beginning of last week. We climbed at Cantobre, Le Boffi & Laumet, rather than the Tarn itself, but really only morning/late evening for reasonable temps.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...