UKC

hedge question

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
What would be a reasonable price for cutting a hedge? The hedge in question is roughly 25 m long and 3-4 m high. I've cut it myself in previous years but due to a combination of factors its proving harder to get it done this year

Cheers

Gregor
 wilkie14c 12 Jul 2015
In reply to no_more_scotch_eggs:

A day's work, £100?
 Ann S 12 Jul 2015

Just out of interest, is it soft wood or hardwood. If the latter, possibly think about getting a hedgelayer in to lay it.

Billhook 12 Jul 2015

The only issue to consider domestic properties when you hedge lay is where to put the brash. I know of no hedgelayers who an dispose of the excess brash, which when I lay in farms etc., simply gets stacked to one side and left to rot or burnt when dry.

Laying will cost anything between £8 - £14 per metre depending on size.
 arch 12 Jul 2015

The Gypsy thread ??
 Hyphin 12 Jul 2015
In reply to Ann S:

> Just out of interest, is it soft wood or hardwood. If the latter, possibly think about getting a hedgelayer in to lay it.

Is that not a gateway to more serious crimes like Mountin' Goats
 Ann S 12 Jul 2015
In reply to Hyphin:

Only if you're Welsh.

In reply to Ann S:

Thank you for the comments everyone. Ann, what would be the reason for laying it? Part of the hedge is evergreen, part deciduous, ? Beech

Cheers

Gregor
 Ann S 12 Jul 2015

Laying won't work in this case as its mixed, but the reason for laying a hedge is to extend the life indefinitely as per coppicing in woodland. Plenty of info on Google and good short films on YouTube.

Philip 13 Jul 2015

You'll get a massive difference between a jobbing gardener for cash and a tree sureon/landscape gardener. Assuming you can find the former, it's less that a day so I reckon less that £100 more like £50.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...