UKC

Richie Porte

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 GrahamD 14 Jul 2015
... off to BMC. I presume its about wanting to be higher up a team pecking order than anything more sinister ? Be interesting to see whether he will actually be a bigger fish there than at Sky given Tejay's recent performances.
 nniff 14 Jul 2015
In reply to GrahamD:

I rather got the impression that he wanted, and was potentially going to be, to be team leader. He was for Sky in the Giro until it all went south for him. In that case, it would be difficult for anyone to stand I his way
OP GrahamD 14 Jul 2015
In reply to nniff:

I'm wondering what will actually happen at BMC if Tejay continues his current form ?
 Chris the Tall 14 Jul 2015
In reply to GrahamD:

Presumably just a rumour (until 1st Aug), but I guess it makes sense. Not sure if TJ is on the move, but I think it was inevitable that Porte would be behind Thomas and Konig (not to mention Roche and Henao) in the pecking order at Sky, so not likely to get the opportunities he had this year. BMC might give him a chance to lead them in the one week races in which he seems to excel, maybe even the Giro, in return for super-dom duties at the tour.

Big question is where Cav is going ?
 Dark-Cloud 14 Jul 2015
In reply to GrahamD:

> I'm wondering what will actually happen at BMC if Tejay continues his current form ?

I think TJ will implode in the mountains......
OP GrahamD 14 Jul 2015
In reply to Dark-Cloud:

Be interesting to see how much Sky have him marked.
 wbo 14 Jul 2015
In reply to GrahamD: well today was interesting in this context. Nonetheless while I appreciate Portes ambition I don't really believe in him as a 3 week GC rider. He's had a few goes now and it hasn't ended well.

Dark-Cloud 14 Jul 2015
In reply to GrahamD:

Well they didn't need to bother marking anybody in the end (apart from Valverde but that was ultimatley in vain as Quintana couldn't follow either) they just rode away......

I cant remember a GC rider coming in at the end of the first mountain stage with nearly a minute over his nearest rivals for a long time, and all that gained in the last 8k, its pretty much a done deal now, Froome would have to crack spectacularly to lose now, I cant see that happening.

Be a good fight for the minor podium palces though.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...