UKC

September climbing and cycling - Spainish holiday ideas please

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 SteveM 14 Jul 2015

We have a week's holiday to take in this autumn - I've been seeking inspiration and the Vuelta runs from 22/8 to 13/9 this year. And Spain has good rock climbing as well as climbing roads on the bike. My experience of Spain is limited to Costa Blanca and El Chorro though, so need some ideas. We could have a camper so traveling reasonable distances between crags and cycle spectating wouldn't be a problem.

Which bits of the route are in the same sort of area as good climbing options?

All inspiration gratefully received...
Steve M

PS. Vuelta route is here: http://www.lavuelta.com/15pr/en/recorrido/vuelta.html?e=1
Post edited at 11:33
OP SteveM 15 Jul 2015
In reply to SteveM:

No-one?
 Elsier 15 Jul 2015
In reply to SteveM:

I can't really help you specifically with suggestions. But apparently Desnivel publish a guide which gives an overview of all the climbing areas in Spain. So that might be quite helpful with your planning.
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 15 Jul 2015
In reply to SteveM:

Most of those northern sections are near good climbing, Andorra, Lleida and Calatayud would easy fill a week. Further west Sotres and Quiros are in the mountains and have great climbing.

Chris
OP SteveM 16 Jul 2015
In reply to SteveM:

Thanks folks. Turns out that stage 15 finishes in the middle of the Picos de Europa national park this year! But holiday plans/dates have fallen through Thanks again for the inspiration...
OP SteveM 28 Jul 2015
In reply to SteveM:

It's all back on - climbing in the Picos de Europa and Vuelta stages to see on rest days!

Where would be good climbing destination(s) to break a journey down to Spain from Geneva?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...