UKC

Printer Ink Cartridges

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
m0unt41n 14 Jul 2015
I wondered if anyone ever buys the manufacturers ink cartridges, other than maybe professional photographers?

I have used Prink and other companies for years for Epson, HP and Canon and only once had a bad cartridge.

A set of 6 Canon cartridges from PC World using their Sale special price for a pack of 4 plus the other 2 individually is £66.47
The price for the same XL capacity from Prink for a set of the 6 cartridges is £6.95 with free postage or £6.45 is you order 2.

I suspect all the other Original Manufacturer Cartridges are the same, 10 times the price of the copies.

And yet I cannot see any difference in output for normal printing. Also the manufacturers claim using copies may damage your printer seems like nonsense since I have never had any problems with the printers over the years.

In reply to m0unt41n:

I buy the original HP ones after a 3rd party one killed my last printer and I ended up having to buy new print heads which cost a fortune. I agree they are a complete rip off.
m0unt41n 14 Jul 2015
In reply to tom_in_edinburgh:

Although with most inkjet printers costing less than £120 then as long as 3rd party cartridges work 2 out of 3 times you are better off risking replacing the printer due to the crazy economics of it all.
In reply to m0unt41n:
A guy I used to work with, always looking for bargains, found a Rioch printer supplied with enough ink for a stated 1000 pages, on sale for £8 something, delivered by Amazon.

He could not believe it was true so bought one, found out it was genuine deal, and went on to buy eight in total. He reckoned cheaper to buy a new printer with ink, rather than ink replacement, and indeed so did others and he sold seven of them on!

Crazy economic as another said.
 GridNorth 14 Jul 2015
In reply to m0unt41n:

I refill my existing cartridges using 3rd party ink and a separate syringe for each colour. Sometimes the printer says there is an error but it still prints if I ignore it. I've been doing this for a few of years now and I must have saved literally hundreds of pounds.

Al
 ByEek 14 Jul 2015
In reply to tom_in_edinburgh:

> I buy the original HP ones after a 3rd party one killed my last printer and I ended up having to buy new print heads which cost a fortune. I agree they are a complete rip off.

Ditto - ironcially, a full set for my HP printer is only about £12 which really surprised me!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...