UKC

Mhairi Blacks maiden speech

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Denni 14 Jul 2015
Has this already been posted? What do you all reckon.
Good on her I say. Confident speech helped I imagine along the way by others but makes a lot of valid points.

youtube.com/watch?v=lZAmhB55_-k&
Zoro 14 Jul 2015
In reply to Denni:
I thought it was ok until 2/3 of the way through, i feel her speech would have been better appreciated without the party political whining, you're either building bridges or political point scoring. Its a real shame to see how few MPs turned up though.
i was secretly hoping her colleagues were going to clap at the end though!
I'm a little tired of the pomp, and ceremony now. You can jeer, but you can't clap! What the........?

deepsoup 14 Jul 2015
In reply to Denni:

Excellent.
In reply to Denni:

Gawwwwrn lass
Rigid Raider 15 Jul 2015
In reply to Denni:

Great oratory. I hope to see more of her in the future.
Jim C 15 Jul 2015
In reply to Denni:

A lot of sneering was evident when she was elected. I wonder if any of them are prepared to eat their words...

summo 15 Jul 2015
In reply to Jim C:

> A lot of sneering was evident when she was elected. I wonder if any of them are prepared to eat their words...

give her 5 years to actually do something and prove she is more honourable & honest than many others, before celebrating too loudly, other wise you might have to eat your hat.
 Conf#2 15 Jul 2015
In reply to Denni:

She's a good thing for parliament.
 Yanis Nayu 15 Jul 2015
In reply to Denni:

I watched the first 5 mins - seemed pretty good and a breath of fresh air. Best to judge her in 5 years as others have said though.
 Fraser 15 Jul 2015
In reply to Denni:

Fairly good, and very competent. The jazz hands (and jazz body come to that) were a bit distracting, but overall it was a decent delivery.
 Jim Fraser 15 Jul 2015
In reply to Denni:

That was excellent.

A signpost.
 jkarran 15 Jul 2015
In reply to Denni:

I thought it was a pretty impressive delivered well. I'd be happy to have her representing me and my constituency.
jk

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...