UKC

iPad to TV

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Tomtom 15 Jul 2015
Hi all,
Need some techie minded, or experienced people please. I'm on an oldish iPad (I.e 30pin, not lightning, and around iOS7), and want to view it on a hd ready TV, for Netflix, and internet stuff (ahem...).
What is the best way to do this?
I've seen google chrome cast, but how compatible with iPads are they? Can I mirror my screen with it, or just stream from certain apps?
Ay other options?
TIA
Tom
 La benya 15 Jul 2015
In reply to Tomtom:

You an buy an adapter that allows a HDMI cable and your charger to go into the same slot. Ridiculously expensive from Apple, 3rd parties may be ok
Tomtom 15 Jul 2015
In reply to mark_wellin:

Ah, so basically 30pin to hdmi cable, and that pretty much mirrors the screen onto the telly?
May be worth amazoning it from some cheapo, as that doesn't suprise me about apple accessories!
 rj_townsend 15 Jul 2015
In reply to Tomtom:

I use one of the cheapo one - case quality is a bit rubbish but it works fine.
In reply to Tomtom:

A Chromecast will work fine with your iPad, any smartphone or even a laptop.

Pretty nifty gadget!
Tomtom 15 Jul 2015
In reply to Paul Phillips - UKC and UKH:

Even just for mirroring what's on the tab to the TV, like games/safari/mail? I'd heard only android could do that with cromecast?
Does look nifty though!

Apply TV seems to be the ideal thing for my needs, but sod paying 60 quid for it!
In reply to Tomtom:

You can only mirror from a laptop and Android afaik.

You don't mirror from apps like Netflix. You press play and choose which device to play it on. The Chromecast connects to Netflix itself and plays the show/movie from there so you don't need to keep the tablet on.
Tomtom 15 Jul 2015
In reply to Paul Phillips - UKC and UKH:

Ah I see, thanks Paul. Feels a tad restrictive then for am ipad. And the cheapo cables don't seem useable with Netflix and I player and others. each one restricts what the other does!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...