UKC

Ham hill - is it dry in the rain?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Hi all,
Was planning to go to Ham Hill Quarry on Sunday but the forecast isn't great now. Do the steeper routes stay dry in the rain?
Thanks
 dale1968 17 Jul 2015
In reply to Somerset swede basher:

If the weather forecast is right there will only be a it dry in the cave and on the over hang, and even that will get wet if it rains long enough, it will dry quick enough if the sun shines, hope the weather turns better for you
 dale1968 18 Jul 2015
In reply to Somerset swede basher: the weather forecast has much improved, you should be good to go...

broc 19 Jul 2015

My mother in law lives 5 minutes away from Ham Hill, and I never knew this quarry existed! I have played about on the standing stones up there before. This would make a handy place to visit next time I'm there.

Is there a topo anywhere of the routes / problems?

Thanks.
 dale1968 19 Jul 2015

> Is there a topo anywhere of the routes / problems?

Yes, there is a PDF, will have a look for it

broc 19 Jul 2015
In reply to dale1968:

Ah thanks so much. I've just had a quick google but didn't come up with anything. I'd really appreciate it if you could dig out a topo or similar. Cheers!
 dale1968 19 Jul 2015
In reply to broc:
I think if you email the club secretary at Yeovil MC, they will email you a Pdf, hth Dale
 katec 19 Jul 2015
In reply to broc:
Try this or google Yeovil mountaineering club Ham Hill
https://yeovilmountaineeringclub.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/ham-hill-2008-...
Top ropes only.
 dale1968 20 Jul 2015
In reply to katec:

would not show that on the ipad, thought it should be there, can see it on the desk top, stupid machines
 broc 20 Jul 2015
Thanks all - that's great!

Cheers!
 Owen240 28 Jul 2015

Toiler paper: is it dry in the rain? When you know the answer to this, you'll know the answer to your own question.
In reply to broc:

I just used the descriptions from the ukc logbook page and was fine without a topo. Download and print before you go as no signal in the quarry.
In reply to Owen240:

What a load of rubbish. I climb at cheedale and The Tor all the time when it's raining, you just need to know where to go. Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with Ham Hill.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...