UKC

Mount Mkinvartsveri

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Nazgha 17 Jul 2015
Hello, I am new in this forum, so if this topic is not in correct place than please excuse me.
Mt Mkinvartsveri, also know as Kazbeg is located in Georgia, it is part of Great Caucasus mountains and with the altitude of 5047 meters, it is very good destination for beginner mountaineers.
As you know Georgia is located in south east part of Europe, So it is not far and the prices for expedition is very very low compared to Alps, and overall Europe. We do have many visitors, mountaineers from Israel, Ukraine, Poland, Russia but not from Great Britain. This was the reason I opened this topic. If somebody has interest to make expedition to this beautiful mountain, please contact me via mail giorgi.nazghaidze@yahoo.com , I will try to help you to arrange everything include pick up from airport, transportation to base camp, mountaineering gear, local guides.
If you have any questions I will be more than glad to answer
redsonja 21 Jul 2015
In reply to Nazgha:

Hi there. We just got back from climbing Kazbek and it was amazing. I didn't meet a single other brit, but lots of climbers from Poland, Slovakia and Czech republic. I don't know why Brits don't climb this mountain much. It was tough because of altitude and we carried 22kg rucksacks as we took tent, sleeping bags, food for a week, rope etc etc. The weather was mixed with strong winds and I would say probably only 50% 0f people we met summited. Our summit day was very misty and some people turned back as they weren't used to it, but living in the lake district I am very used to wet and misty mountain days. I hope you get some interest from people on Ukc. I would definitely recommend a trip to Georgia

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...