UKC

Jules Bianchi

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Tom Valentine 18 Jul 2015
Sad news that the F1 driver has died 9 months after the horrific crash with a recovery vehicle.
Not having heard much afterwards I assumed he was on the mend.
In reply to Tom Valentine:

Very sad news.

He is the first F1 driver to loose his life racing since Ayrton Senna in 1994

Senna's and the other schocking and tragic accidents to Ratzenberger (fatal) and Barrichello (near fatal) that same weekend, brought about major safety changes in F1.

I hope Jules' legacy will be just as significant.

My thoughts are with his family, friends and team mates.
OP Tom Valentine 18 Jul 2015
In reply to Ghastly Rubberfeet:

I was amazed that he survived the initial incident; for a relatively insubstantial machine like a F1 car to lift a JCB so high in the air the forces involved must have been massive.Poor lad, so very very unlucky.
General Lee 18 Jul 2015

It is a real shame and tragedy that Jules has died after such a long time in hospital.
I hope it is not going to make the press jump on all sorts on nonsense about how dangerous car racing is, not that it is completely safe but neither is walking down the street.
For a sport as fast as F1 I think that 1 death in 20 years is amazing.

It has already made a difference to the way they slow the cars down with this virtual safety car system they have introduced since Jules his accident.

Indy 18 Jul 2015
> Not having heard much afterwards I assumed he was on the mend.

I suspect that Michael Schumacher's end will be similar which is tragic as after all those years in F1 without so much as a scratch he ends up in a coma after headbutting a rock while out skiing on a family holiday.
 Wil Treasure 18 Jul 2015
In reply to Indy:

> after all those years in F1 without so much as a scratch

He did break his leg in an accident at Silverstone, and was lucky it wasn't worse.

Timmd 21 Jul 2015
In reply to Indy:
> I suspect that Michael Schumacher's end will be similar which is tragic as after all those years in F1 without so much as a scratch he ends up in a coma after headbutting a rock while out skiing on a family holiday.

He's no longer in a coma though, I heard that he's in a wheel chair and can't speak, while he's still alive he might recover. Hopefully.
Post edited at 12:53

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...